• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

satisfaction

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
lately ive been happy and serene acceptance of an illness that has been diagnosed does anyone else believe that theyre might be a state of shock/denial when first given a diagnosis then the need to insanely research it and then finally accept............ thats whats been going on with me the last few months merry xmas! diddy:)

A

Apotheosis

Yes - these things follow a pattern - starting in denial & ending in acceptance.

http://changingminds.org/disciplines/change_management/kubler_ross/kubler_ross.htm

Shock stage: Initial paralysis at hearing the bad news.

Denial stage: Trying to avoid the inevitable.

Anger stage: Frustrated outpouring of bottled-up emotion.

Bargaining stage: Seeking in vain for a way out.

Depression stage: Final realization of the inevitable.

Testing stage: Seeking realistic solutions.

Acceptance stage: Finally finding the way forward.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
apoth how you doing? yeah i cetainely got the anger part too:mad:
mark? you pillock i'm not talking about my diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia the diagnosis was a shock i'm talking about months down the line i have accepted it and this had made me happier.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi apoth i have got flu for xmas! typical only started feeling bad last night i am supposed to go to my boyfriends parents house for dinner and i might upset his mum if i dont go but i dont want to! my head feels like air and cotton wool and my temperature is up. it ok to feel alone! here where i am staying is quite rough i am staying at my dads with his german shepeard and my westie all the pissed people shout in the street and can bearly stand up your not missing out on a thing and thyre all pretending to have a good time and no one actually is believ me i have studied this at lenght everyone is allocated a certain number of drinks in theyre lifetime and i drank mine really quickly. dont let the bastards grind you down, never let the opportunity pass you to shout FUCK YOU ALL at the top of your voice whats the point in being mental if you cant have a little fun. merry xmas mate sending cigar your way diddy:D

D

dreambuggieII

Happy Christmas All

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dd37S8uJNO8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dd37S8uJNO8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]