SANE line

L

lostinthought

I phoned the samartains having a panic attack in a phyciatric unit that i had been sectioned at (i didnt want the staff to no as worried ild never get off the section) so yes i phoned them and you wont believe this.The woman said what hospital are you in and what ward.I said i really dont want to say as im on section.And she then said "Im going to end this call now as i believe you are masturbating"..well i could not believe it.It totally threw me and freaked me right out.yep i kid you not.wasnt expecting that i can tell you.so have never phoned them since.

Z

zappymoon

I have never volunteered for Samaritans, so sorry to hear how you were treated.
As someone who suffers from a mental health condition, I would and could

never treat someone who I suspect or told me that they are suffering from the same sort of condition, I would give them a little more time and space.

Last edited:
L

Lilac

I wasn't very impressed with them the first time I told them that my dad doesn't believe me when I tell the truth they told me to ask him why he doesn't believe me. The second time I asked they told me to tell my doctor (which I actually was going to do today and didn't think about it). I don't know really just felt something was missing - maybe I'm looking for something magical.

deadchick07

deadchick07

I wouldnt bother complaining, as my horrendous experience of sane has told me frankly they do not give a toss. Their forum is also an excellent example of how not to treat the people you were supposedly set up to serve. Dreadful dreadful charity that should be shut down.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i do unfortunately agree with a number of things marjorie wallace says

L

Lilac

I tried contacting them not for myself - by phone and haven't been able to get through. I emailed them and never got a response.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
ar one point they said this is a telephone helpline for the mentally ill, another time the women said she couldn't hear me then when i raised my voice she said she was terminating the call because i was shouting

they don't know you from adam and can only give generalised advice you can think of yourself, they're not much help on they're web site they say 30 pound will pay for a telepgone consultation, it'd also pay for a cafe meal with a friend. if i had the money

L

LoveToBake

I've heard that Sane line aren't brilliant. I've always used PAPYRUS. They are fantastic. :) But they're a lot more busy and on demand due to increased recognition.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
could phone sane line but considering the effort to get through and the rewards if i do pointles
papyrus i looked up it's a place to prevent young suicide at my age not applicable

Last edited:
L

Lilac

I don't know about Saneline but I tried to get some legal advice from a legal helpline and they said they couldn't answer any of my questions had I been to a gp recently so I said why and she said for mental health support and I said but I feel well. And what I should have said is that I had called for legal advice and had she seen her gp recently (I bet that would have made her psychotic). Then I called another organisation to question what they had told me and they were laughing down the line at nothing another instance of psychosis I hear and very unprofessional. Ah well such is life.

L

Lilac

I phoned the samartains having a panic attack in a phyciatric unit that i had been sectioned at (i didnt want the staff to no as worried ild never get off the section) so yes i phoned them and you wont believe this.The woman said what hospital are you in and what ward.I said i really dont want to say as im on section.And she then said "Im going to end this call now as i believe you are masturbating"..well i could not believe it.It totally threw me and freaked me right out.yep i kid you not.wasnt expecting that i can tell you.so have never phoned them since.
Perhaps she should have been sectioned.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
saneline phoned engaged another organisation on the ropes, contimuing because it's in the nature of organisations to continue despite not offering a real service

N

NEDLOG

guideline - amazing

I've had a really tough day and guideline have been amazing. Thank you for recommending