Sane Forum difficulties

|||ME|||

|||ME|||

I'm not disagreeing? I'm trying to make a helpful post to those who have come here pointing out how simple it is. We can have a debate if you like though?

judithj

judithj

You seemed to be misunderstanding what I said.
Thank you, but I'm watching The Green Death atm and need to concentrate on the maggots.

F

findingmyownway

There's not much thought policing here :). That's what I like so much about it - as busy as mod / admin can be, when you consider the membership numbers here and the number of people moderating the board, it's clear that for the most part people most people manage to regulate themselves without bizarre rules about personal responsibility - most people are kind and considerate. I also don't think anyone can go far wrong with the guidelines you just said ME.

T

Taff

Hello all
It must be half time by now surely?
bringing on the oranges....:)

Right, I am sticking with the guidelines here, and thank you FMOW, and ME, by george I think I've got it.

As long as I stick by MEs simple clarification of the guidelines, then if someone is then upset by what I say on here, its NOT MY PROBLEM its theirs.

That will do for me ... sorted..:D

@lllMElll
HOW VERY dare YOU eat my orange! You have ruined me half time break now grrrrrr(y)

F

findingmyownway

As long as I stick by MEs simple clarification of the guidelines, then if someone is then upset by what I say on here, its NOT MY PROBLEM its theirs.

That will do for me ... sorted..:D
:
No Taffy! You're personally responsible for every single reaction to your post - we're dealing with a potential audience of 7 billion people, and you're personally responsible for every single of one of them and how they choose to use the internet and run their lives. Personal responsibility Taffy! :LOL:

T

Taff

Oh Feck it:scratch:
Give me me fecking orange slices back then, and its my ball and I am going home, to look at all the fecking writs heading my way..............:panic:

S

sallybee

At the end of the day, we all have to live with our own actions; its called having a conscience!

If you can honestly say, not to others, but to yourself, that you've done nothing wrong then that's fine. But remember, whilst you can kid others you can't really kid yourself.

Once you've looked at your conscience, you can move forward. And may feel that you owe an apology to people to whom you have been unkind.

T

Taff

I really am not responsible for your feelings and as someone said on another thread, theres an ignore button, so use it. I find it works very well.

pepecat

pepecat

There are different examples of how rules are broken (or not) on here
If someone says 'You're an idiot because you take meds', then that is deliberate flaming, for a start, AND the poster has not really been very kind or considerate in their post.
If someone says 'I don't think meds are appropriate for everyone', then that breaks no forum rules and the poster is being measured in their response (at the very least).

However, three people read the second post, one could get all het up and say 'what, so you're anti med? you don't know what you're talking about'; one could say 'fair enough, i agree'; and the third might say 'I don't necessarily agree, but you're entitled to your opinion'.
Am I, as the original poster, responsible for their reactions? Of course not. I've been fair and measured in my reply - how other people react to my comment is not my responsibility unless i've been deliberately rude / insulting. Likewise, how I react to other people's posts is not their responsibility UNLESS they have deliberately set out to be insulting / rude / offensive (and even then i might laugh it off and dismiss it). Differences of opinion happen all the time on here, and that is fine - debate is good and healthy. But if comments get personal or offensive / rude / insulting etc (break the guidelines), then that is overstepping the mark.

Let's say that writing 'I don't think meds are appropriate for everyone' is ok on here (which it is). But someone then quotes that on anther forum, and it's not ok on that forum - well I would hope and expect the staff on that forum to moderate that post according to their rules and guidelines.
As people have said, different forums have different rules and guidelines, and one would reasonably expect staff on each forum to moderate according to their rules / guidelines, and members of more than one forum to make sure they adhere to the respective rules of each.

F

findingmyownway

Totally agree with all you've written there pepecat.

I really am not responsible for your feelings and as someone said on another thread, theres an ignore button, so use it. I find it works very well.
That's pretty much how I operate. As long as I post in a considered and kind way - how people interpret / use / react to my considered and kind posts is completely up to them! ..and certainly not my responsibility. As long as I show consideration in my posts, I am really only responsible for myself - and I have enough responsibilities already without worrying what every other person on the world wide web is up to. People on here are adults using an internet forum, not my kids for god sake. :tea:

Last edited:
T

Taff

Sounds reasonable to me Pepe cat
So .....it is ok for me to say:
" I dont think it is appropriate for us to keep going on about Sane perceived grievances on this MH forum and demanding apologies from each other"

Because that is how I feel. I am a member of this site now.

F

findingmyownway

" I dont think it is appropriate for us to keep going on about Sane perceived grievances on this MH forum and demanding apologies from each other"

Just prefix what you need to say with ''In my honest, humble and amazing opinion'' ..(then say what you need to say). :D

T

Taff

What, all on my own, without the aid of a safety net?:panic:

hmmm you have given me an idea for a signature line ;)

C

Callalily

Sounds reasonable to me Pepe cat

I agree , from what I can tell you all left because you didn't feel safe on another forum so you may as well make the most of a fresh start in my opinion and forget about the other place.

T

Taff

Ok, taking a deep breath here, but just before we all dive in a disclaimer to be attached to all my posts with thanks to my fellow lawyers.

IMPORTANT: This post is intended for Mental Health Forum members only and copyright held by said forum, all statements made here are made by me Taffy2 as an individual and do not represent the views of the forum as a whole or any other members thereof. Statements are made in my honest, humble, and amazing opinion only, and only as an individual forum member, in a considered and kind manner, in compliance with the rules and guidelines both express and implied, of the Mental Health Forum for the use of the individual addressee named above, also known as Taffy2, and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious or political beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this post is not authorised by me, Taffy2, the originating poster or either of my two voices holding associate membership, (either explicitly or implicitly) and therefore constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this caveat, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this thread although the yorkshire terrier next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft: However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have received this post or private message in error, please add some cinnamon and egg whites and place it in a warm oven for 40 minutes. Whisk briefly and let it stand for 2 hours before icing.

ok with you Calypso:D

|||ME|||

|||ME|||

They don't get copyright Taffy. They're your words - you own the copyright :)

Apart from that sounds good - so when I use them to stop me you'll have to sue me yourself I'm afraid :)

pepecat

pepecat

in my humble and amazing opinion, i would say this is ok - taking into account the context of the thread in which it was posted, of course.
If it came 'out of the blue' in a thread and could be seen to be a dig at other forum users, then I might delete / edit it. If the thread was getting heated and your post came across as one of the calmer ones in that thread, then i'd probably leave it.
Context is all as well......

We don't generally moderate posts as single entities - i.e out of context of the thread. Which is why sometimes posts that may not make sense are left, or some that seem ok are taken out. It's hard to give examples of this, so my explanation may be a bit vague, but that's kinda how it works.