Sane Forum difficulties

F

firemonkee57

I have been put on pre moderation till 26th for truthfully emailing that they have triggered memories of school time abuse/bullying.

|||ME|||

|||ME|||

That sounds really harsh firemonkee, it's very wrong to moderate you just for that. We've got into plenty of debate here and I can't imagine you stepping into the kind of territory that imo should get people moderated. Hope it's not upsetting you too much.

CastingShadows

CastingShadows

I get the impression that they are trying to get rid of "trouble makers" who speak their minds and the truth. I don't feel at home here but I worry about posting there because of the mods, the post deletions, and the fear the behaviour has inspired in the users. It is thoroughly wrong.

McMurphy's Ghost

McMurphy's Ghost

I have been put on pre moderation till 26th for truthfully emailing that they have triggered memories of school time abuse/bullying.
The Sane forum must be the worst forum on the internet....as a Charity it is the most retrograde in its outlook. They make Restink look radical and progressive....

I suppose you could ask what else would you expect from a charity that funds neuroscience....:doh: and bemoans the closure of the asylums if not explicitly then in their hearts.....

U

umbrella4therain

sorry to hear that firemonkee. I am with you casting shadows. It's got progressively worse, things are at breaking point. Firemonkee you have never done anything to hurt people, be inapropriate etc to my mind. All you have done is speak your mind. We have such a large amount of well put together posts questioning things, pointing out the wrongs and legitimate concerns over the way things are run over there. I think its important to put together an email /letter and go over the heads of the moderators. Where would we send it?

F

firemonkee57

All this started because i had a post ,rightly
saying that someone was insulting the mentally ill by implying that those with ongoing
mental illnesses weren't up to being moderators,edited and i rightly complained about it.

I resent the control freakery masquerading as good moderation and the censoring of intelligent
and reasonable comments.
It's a crime to be intelligent and have an independent mind over there.
Any mention of moderator faults and abuse is met with more abuse
and wrong doing.
I wonder what it says about Marjorie Wallace's attitude towards the mentally ill that
she approves of such carrying on
If she didn't she would have stepped in to improve things a long time ago.

U

umbrella4therain

I saw your original post and the back and forth, I dont think you were out of order. The fact that all communication with mods must be through private channels and we are not allowed to discuss what has been said privately by them means there is no transparency. No transparency means there is less accountability and little opportunity for scrutiny of decisions. To question their judgement seems to be considered treason. I understand moderators have a difficult job but I think it is so poorly set up, its like an "us" and "them" situation. The moderators are a faceless mass making them more of a target for criticism because it's harder to see them as human, as individuals with faults and good bits like the rest of us. All of our suggestions to change things to make the board a better place have gone unanswered. All our requests for open dialogue refused or ignored. How can we take our complaints higher? It's a place I hold dear, apart from an avoidant PD forum I used to use sporadically and now my few posts here it is the only forum I have ever used. There are alot of people there that I care about. I dont want to see i go to the wall but I dont feel comfortable there anymore.

F

firemonkee57

What is disturbing is the way useful posters,and i include myself in that category, have so often had posts edited or been put on moderation.
Bullies/trolls/,and those who seem to be in a state of permanent drama but don't contribute much for the good of the community, are afforded more respect and tolerance.
Bad moderation can ruin a forum just as good moderation can enhance it. Failure to accept legitimate criticism perpetuates the bad moderation.
Wanting what is best for the good of all is seen as subversive.

U

umbrella4therain

I agree Ooby. And I would certainly place you in that category too. Something needs to change. I think it's systemic and reorganising things could help. The current system seems to be breeding these difficulties. It isnt just the moderators it is the whole set up. xxx

calypso

calypso

Admin
Am I right that most of you are Sane forum members? I hope you find it different on here, and we the moderators here often post and share our own personalities with others. Discussion is encouraged and moderators only step in when insults and personal attacks start happening.

I have never visited Sane, how different is it? Just wondering. If it is not good, why do you wish to go back - seems to me that I would just move elsewhere.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I phoned saneline this women said she couldn't hear me so i shouted, she said i was shouting and terminated the call, put it on the saneline website the post disapeared

Move elsewhere than sane, you move here, posts that might offend the fundholders are moderated, you can't say anything that'll offend white liberal social workers because white liberal social workers are in charge of the grant, just like the rest of the mental health scene

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

'implying that those with ongoing mental illnesses weren't up to being moderators'

That's awful who knows more about the issues people with MH difficulties face than those who have experiences themselves. That certainly isn't the case here and I think it just represents a very archaic way of thinking that we shouldn't be out in the real world.

Roscoe

Roscoe

Am I right that most of you are Sane forum members? I hope you find it different on here, and we the moderators here often post and share our own personalities with others. Discussion is encouraged and moderators only step in when insults and personal attacks start happening.

I have never visited Sane, how different is it? Just wondering. If it is not good, why do you wish to go back - seems to me that I would just move elsewhere.
I've never been there either but, at a guess, it probably wasn't always like this? Bad mods on a forum is more like a kind of rot or disease that can set in after time. There's nothing worse than seeing a forum you really like and have lots of friends on, going to the dogs because of some power trippers abusing their modhood but it's a depressingly common phenomenon. A cautionary tale.

F

firemonkee57

Most of the members are ok there, it is the poor moderation that is the main problem. Also a failure to take into account service users feelings as was evidenced by the closing of the PM system without consultation as to how any flaws with it could be rectified.
This place has it's faults too,as do all forums, but at least members are consulted about important things via polls etc and not treated like naughty children.
Also for some the simplicity of the Sane set up -less forums/less busy than somewhere like here is a reason for staying there.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
remember phoning saneline and been told this is a telephone helpline for the mentally ill, firemonkey marjorie wallace started sane out of concern for people like us, but it's more about carers and dare i say it those in crisis because they're refusing meds

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Still pushing the off meds wagon, bit off thread, are you sure your not obsessed?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
From recent experiences of saneline i wonder if they're using volunteer DWP slave labour, that'd explain the resented help

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
was wondering if you'd say i was obsessed with the benefits