• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Sameoldstory introduces his same old depressive story

S

sameoldstory

Founding Member
Introducing myself like many other poor lost souls feeling down and lost...

Looking for people to chat with on a regular basis about feeling generally miserable and depressed deep down. It bubbles to the surface all the time and i get tired in my head of feeling sad. I had a Gambling addiction for 5 years which i beat by myself in the end, it makes me sick to go near betting now, i wish the same could be said about depression but it always comes back to me, im fedup of feeling bad :(

Having read other peoples posts I can see im not the only one who feels crap alot of the time. My achilles heal is relationships when im in one i feel great but when it doesnt work and it looks like its going to end it brings out the deepest depression in me. I live to love but when love isnt around neither am I.

I have worked self employed for ages now, the thing is i dont get out enough to meet new people doing it and want to try something i find rewarding to myself, even when i do meet up with friends and have a good time out im left the next day feeling crap again, i know there are alot of people worse off than me in the world, but for me its like a living hell eating away at my spirit, I just dont want to live my whole life combating depression, its a scary thought.

S

sameoldstory

Founding Member
I dont want to be a sympathy case and clog up these forums, lots of people need and deserve more support than me. Delete my threads please. Many thanks.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Hi Sameoldstory and :welcome: to the forum (y)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi sameold and welcome:welcome:. Hopefully you will get some benefit from this site. Its great if you just want to have a moan or if you want to discuss anything and then theres the cafe part which is just for general chat and silliness. Just have a scout thru and see what interests you:hug:

lucid scream

lucid scream

hey, its just the sameoldstory! WELCOME!!!

haha, no one will delete you, were here to listen to each other cry like little girls, rant like drunken sailors or whatever the mood strikes. its about support and attempts to understand. hell, they put up with me, even made me a local moderator!:oops:

D

Dollit

Well Sameoldstory I'm not deleting your threads. If its how you feel then its valid and someone will identify themselves with you! This is a good place for support and please come back and give it a go :welcome:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Sameoldstory :)

Like Dollit says no need to delete , we are a friendly and supportive bunch :)

:tea:

M

maudikie

Same old story.

What do you mean by love?
I think you must develop friendships first, and then see what develops. Love is a long standing relationship. Friendship, co-operation - thought for the other person - discussing difficulties - sometimes a bit boring, but you get over that with the friendship element. It's not a drink in the bar and a one nigh stand.
Solution ? Why don't your encounters develop more? Are you not prepared to commit yourself? Are you meeting the wrong people? How is your physical health?
Cheer up, there are a lot of lonely people like you, but it takes work to make a good relationship.
Join a club where there are a number of people with interests the same as yours. What are your interests? Artistic, musial, sporting? Don't worry about feeling down, we all feel it at times. We have to put up with that :grouphug:occasionally and make some interest to fill in the dull times.

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
I dont want to be a sympathy case and clog up these forums, lots of people need and deserve more support than me. Delete my threads please. Many thanks.

we all need and deserve the same amount of support equally ...

:welcome::welcome::hug:

JIBBAJABBA

JIBBAJABBA

Founding Member
Hi sameoldstory and a HUGE :welcome:

Stick around we are here to help, listen talk and support eachother!!

JIBBAJABBA

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Greetings sameoldstory...I feel like we've met before ;)

:welcome:

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
:hug:sameold story :welcome:
hopefully you will have come back to view these replies.

this is a good place to come to get support

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
I don't want to be a sympathy case and clog up these forums, lots of people need and deserve more support than me.

:welcome: sameoldstory. No-one's a case here ( or we all are :)). I often feel the same way that you do about there being other people a lot worse off than me, but that is no help at all when you are in the pit. You are certainly not clogging up the forum - we all learn from each other and that's what the forum is for. I really hope that you come back.

Nick.