• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Same old same old.

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

Sometimes I really get bored of doing the same things week by week. Don't know. Is it my lack of interest in doing things? Is it just how things work? I just feel bored of life as a whole. I just don't know what I'm really experiencing.

Unloveable2Day

Unloveable2Day

I think it’s completely normal. One of the key characteristics of being human is the need to explore. It’s just as important as our need to eat. So, when we are stuck in the same droning life habits, they can get boring and feel unfulfilling. I can’t give you advice with what to do about your work, but I can tell you that something as simple as reading a good book that grabs your attention can calm those feelings of being stifled and bored. You need something that you can look forward to doing. And it doesn’t need to be dramatic. What do you like to do outside of work?

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

I like to read, play video games, go for walks, window shop.

T

treasurebox

Music therapy helps me. I listen to good, uplifting and encouraging music on youtube. Listening to good music can make you think and feel better. Listen to it daily or as you need to.

Also, do what you love to do or do what you are good at. Is it cooking, baking, gardening, arts and crafts, writing and many others. It will make you happy and fulfilled.

P

Prycejosh1987

Sometimes I really get bored of doing the same things week by week. Don't know. Is it my lack of interest in doing things? Is it just how things work? I just feel bored of life as a whole. I just don't know what I'm really experiencing.
Find something interesting to do. Try something new and invest in hobbies.

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

well now i have a rubiks cube, trying to find two other things i can do.

J

Jay berry

Same here am going to try reading tomorrow. Hope some of the ideas others have shared, helped, let ud know how yoy get on

S

Shay94

I'm okay with the things outside of work as I have lot of different things to keep me occupied/stop myself from going back to depression. But my work is the main cause of my anxiety - every day is the same even after sitting both my bosses's down couple of weeks back to explain of my depression/anxiety, I'm on meds, Mum having cancer several times over the years & it recently resurfacing again, me having to sorta become a parent to my little sisters... for couple of weeks, they were understanding but then went back to their old ways. I've known 12 people leave the job coz of those 2, they don't care bout their staff or well-being, they don't care bout us being happy to come into work, they don't understand that shit doesn't happen overnight & I'm expected to "get over it" etc. Even now, my heart rate feels like its going 100 miles an hour just the thought of going back into work next day :( my hands are shaking as I type this, feel like crying and just want someone to understand what I'm going thru, just be there for me while I fight. My partner is only one I can talk shit with knowing he'll fully understand it as he's got same thing on top of schizophenia.... I have no idea what to do bout my work, I care bout the cats I look after but I'm not sure how much longer I can take of being with these bosses's anymore, they'll never change & I feel extremely sorry for the new staff members if they get any