Samaritans

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I need to reply to their email but i really dont know the answer to something they asked, they said it sounds like i always look after others and asked what it would look like if i looked after myself

idk how to answer that one

i just dont know the answer

i'll give them the wrong answer and get in trouble with them

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I really don't think there's any right or wrong answer to that question, because self-care looks completely different to everyone.
Some people would think it's self care to make time to watch some football, whereas i'd consider that mind numbingly boring. :p

It's a really difficult concept to get your head around at first, I think.
What helped me is thinking about how I would look after a child and start applying it to myself.

So it's making sure all the basics are covered (food, water, shelter, cleanliness) and then thinking about doing more of the things you enjoy.
I also find self-care does include the rubbish things too. I hate having to be assertive but ultimately, I feel better if i've said no to something that I didn't want to do.

By the way, i'm sure you won't get into trouble with them. They're there to help and unless you are being abusive or silly, then they will continue to support you.
It may even be worth telling the person you're talking to that you're struggling to answer their question.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

What would samaritans do if i said something they find worrying? :hidesbehindsofa:

i got bad thoughts in my head today but dont know if i would get punished by samaritans if i say them in email :cry:

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
They don't punish and they don't judge, just be honest and open and let them be there for you
m

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
they will talk you through your thoughts and help you that way
m