• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Safety behaviours

91rf11

Hi

Wondered if anyone else has the safety behaviours of alcohol like you can’t go out without it? Would be good to hear anyone else does this, I don’t drink it either like I can go weeks with not drinking but I have to know it’s there in case I have a really bad panic attack to the point I feel like there’s nothing else that can stop it?

thanks

L

Laudanum

I await 10pm when I allow myself to drink a couple of (strong) beers. When I have it I don't sweat the small stuff and don't worry too much (apart from the next morning when I worry I'm drinking too much).

S

sab1978

I use exercise and yoga now. There’s lots of free yoga content on YouTube. Sara Raymond also has some great calming meditations. Sometimes I have her on my headphones when I go out of the house. I pretend she’s my mom, soothing me. It really works for me. I start the day with one of her YouTube videos and end the day with them too.

91rf11

Oh that sounds good! I’ll definitely have a look, I do want to get into meditation as I’ve heard it does help and also yoga, hoping to go to the gym this week just need to get past the initial anxiety because I know I’ll feel better for it.