• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Safeguarding refferal

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

The m.h team are threatening to put in safe guarding refferal about my on going situation with failure to protect myself and pressure from certain people and im terrified its making me extremely suicidal and i cant cope with the pressure from either ends of this. Suicide feels like me only way out of a hard situation. My life is so mucked up and so many people in such denial. It hurts so bad. Im scared. I dont want the safe guarding refferal but i cant keep suffering either. I wish i could just stand up for myself a bit better and take the pressure better. Im so pathetic. I just want give up now.

H

Hello Everybody

The m.h team are threatening to put in safe guarding refferal about my on going situation with failure to protect myself and pressure from certain people and im terrified its making me extremely suicidal and i cant cope with the pressure from either ends of this. Suicide feels like me only way out of a hard situation. My life is so mucked up and so many people in such denial. It hurts so bad. Im scared. I dont want the safe guarding refferal but i cant keep suffering either. I wish i could just stand up for myself a bit better and take the pressure better. Im so pathetic. I just want give up now.
Suicide is never the only way out of a hard situation. You need to let the mental health team know that them putting in a safeguarding referral is making you extremely suicidal. They need to work through this in the correct way without it being a risk to you and your welfare. You are right in that you can't keep suffering either. The mental health team need to go about this in safe way and they need to be working with you on this. They are there to help you.

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

I just dont want to be me anymore. Im fed up of living my life. My head is so overwhelmed and on overdrive right now. I cant take anymore. I feel like im going to explode and do something really stupid.

H

Hello Everybody

I just dont want to be me anymore. Im fed up of living my life. My head is so overwhelmed and on overdrive right now. I cant take anymore. I feel like im going to explode and do something really stupid.
Perhaps you should contact the mental health team and let them know how the safeguarding referral is affecting you? They are there to help you and need to know how you are being affected by this. Or perhaps calling the crisis team if you prefer?

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

Perhaps you should contact the mental health team and let them know how the safeguarding referral is affecting you? They are there to help you and need to know how you are being affected by this. Or perhaps calling the crisis team if you prefer?
I have to call the m.h. team during day time hours but its the crisis team psych who want do the refferal so not sure who id call. I dont like talking on the phone much because of my autism i find it difficult so id rather not call them. Im just trying to call down and not do anything drastic right now. I just dont want be me anymore.

H

Hello Everybody

I have to call the m.h. team during day time hours but its the crisis team psych who want do the refferal so not sure who id call. I dont like talking on the phone much because of my autism i find it difficult so id rather not call them. Im just trying to call down and not do anything drastic right now. I just dont want be me anymore.
It doesn't matter out of the two who you call, they would advise you if you need to call the other one. I understand you don't like talking on the phone though and they will understand about your autism and they would want you to call them if needs be. Don't do anything drastic, you have come so far. Your life is worth so much more than you realise

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

I am a adult i dont think it fair they should be allowed to do a safe gaurd refferal in the first place.

H

Hello Everybody

I am a adult i dont think it fair they should be allowed to do a safe gaurd refferal in the first place.
I agree with you there. If you can keep yourself safe and free from harm then they will have no need to do a safeguarding referral

On Fire

On Fire

Does a safe guarding referral refer you to adult social services?

On Fire

On Fire

I did have one done, in 2017 against me, but I was really unwell at the time, and someone from Adult social services did visit me, but that was all.

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

I did have one done, in 2017 against me, but I was really unwell at the time, and someone from Adult social services did visit me, but that was all.
I had one done before on this and the police came got involved i dont know why it needs happen again.