"Safe Foods"

U

Uuuhhhhhh

I want to see if I am the only person that does this? I have pretty severe general anxiety and one of my large irrational anxieties is that my food is poisoned or bad. This usually only happens at night due to the fear that if something is bad that no one will be awake to help me. I found a temporary coping mechanism that's useful. I buy a food in a big bag ex: smart pop, cereal, saltines. I eat some of it during the day to prove to myself that the food is ok and then when I'm very hungry at night instead of starving myself I eat a safe food. Just wanted to see if this is something anyone else does and if it isn't maybe I could be helping suggest a coping skill to a similar anxiety?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi ,that sounds very difficult to have to endure ,am so sorry you are going through this
im not sure medication could help with this but maybe some kind of counselling would be useful
lots of love Lu x

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I do something similar when I am unwell. I keep canned goods that I can eat directly from the can such as spaghettios and raviolli. I switch up the brands flavors and stores where I purchase them to make sure no one could have placed poisoned food at the store before I arrived. I get paranoid that store loyalty cards are being used to compile a list of foods that I frequently buy to predict which foods I'll buy that can be tampered with. I realize how unlikely this is but I can't help it when I'm unwell.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
midnightphoenix Anxiety Forum 30
D Anxiety Forum 2
midnightphoenix Anxiety Forum 3