• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

SAD

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Seasonally affected disorder? Is that what it's called when the bad weather affects mood. Well folks I'm just having a hammering of it right now I just cannot wait for bedtime and dread another day of all this gloom it's doing my head in. Anyone else get this????/

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
well .. i tend to have a big dip at the change in all seasons , once i'm used to it i settle down to the usual dull plod .

I have heard that special light boxes or bulbs can be helpful ( a bit pricey tho)

Erme

Erme

Founding Member
I get down a lot. Sometimes I cope better with the dark mornings knowing the light is coming soon than the nights whereby everything seems pointless.

I find the following helpful

• Geranium Oil (or appropriate essential oil in a burner)
  • Tidy house - if you can't do it, get a friend/support worker
  • Routine - it helps take away the pointlessness.
  • Coffee - mornings only
  • Craft work (something repetative like crochet works well with the essential oil)
  • Classical/chill out music
  • Also online gaming can be helpful for te dark winter nights (try atari games - it's free :))
  • online chat rooms can also be helpful/messange boards/blogging for keeping contact with the world
  • getting out for fresh air at least once a day - even if it's just a ten minute walk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jajingna Depression Forum 8
E Depression Forum 4
P Depression Forum 6
S Depression Forum 12
wollie Depression Forum 17