• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Sad life

M

MR57

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to talk with people that experienced depression/anxiety. I think that I’ve reach rock bottom and I’m slowly giving up on life.
I have so much insecurities about me, my sexuality and the choices that I’ve made in my life.
I slowly realize that I’m truly sad inside and feeling like I’ve completely failed everything in my life which is causing me more anxiety and thinking I’m never going to be happy.

Thanks for reading.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Hi @MR57,
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I, too, have severe depression as well as anxiety. Both conditions usually occur together, and they feed off of each other. Are you currently seeing a doctor for meds? Also, are you seeing a therapist for talk therapy? Both may help you.

M

MR57

Hi @MR57,
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I, too, have severe depression as well as anxiety. Both conditions usually occur together, and they feed off of each other. Are you currently seeing a doctor for meds? Also, are you seeing a therapist for talk therapy? Both may help you.

Hi, I’m not seeing any doctor for meds or therapist. To be honest I’m ashamed to talk to someone about my problems and my life… nobody knows who I really am, what I like, what I feel. I know I should considering it. I’m always thinking that I’m going to deal my with problems alone and that is just temprorary bur actually I’m realizing that it’s not. I think that I suffer from depression and anxiety since I’m a child and now that I’m adult it’s worse.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Don't go it alone and bottle up your feelings. Lean on a therapist for advice and compassion. A therapist will not judge you. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

SoftRain

SoftRain

I was in my late 40's before i got REAL professional help. I hit rock bottom. I was embarassed and ashamed to talk to anyone and figured I wouldnt be honest I was that ashamed.
By the time i did get help, I was a crying shaking idiot. I couldnt even speak for awhile because I was so overloaded with depression and anxiety, I was bi polar too and didnt know it.
Please see someone earlier then I did. I would have been much better off if I would have came to terms with things earlier.
Fell better soon xo

M

ManDss

My life been and now still is terrible. I know how a "sad life" is. Only advice... keep trying.

Contramike

Contramike

Don't give up!!!

Try and see a therapist! They were angels for me when I was at my worst (and it was bad).

Life is not going from point A to B. You can fail at so many things before you find your groove. I was 16 when I hit my wall. I was literally drooling on the couch. I saw a psychiatrist for a year and nothing seemed to help. Then I saw another doctor who said (in not so many words), "You're psychiatrist is a moron." He prescribed me different meds and I came back to life and finished school. I was still bad off, but I could function enough to go to community college. I couldn't hold down a job because of my anxiety. I went to CC for 15 years before I finally said, "I can't do this. I need help." My parents let me live with them. I thought I was going to be a college graduate and work in IT, get married, and have a family, but I was trying so hard that I was making myself miserable and, on occasion, suicidal. My parents offered to let me live with them. It wasn't the life I had planned. I'm not going to get married or have kids, or be able to work a job and be independent, but I do live with my parents and I'm pretty happy. I made some concessions (and, at the time, I thought I was a failure because of it) but it turned out well. I never would have dreamed of living with my parents, but it works. I found a groove.

You're going to fail at life more than you will succeed. It's what you do with those failures and successes that determine whether you will be happy.

So make some concessions. Reach out for people who are there to help you. A therapist is a great place to start. Sometimes all you need is a good talk to reorient yourself or change your perspective. If it is something more chronic or long term, a psychiatrist could help.

Just don't give up!

M

MR57

Thanks for all your messages, I'm definitely looking for a good therapist.

Did seeing a therapist helped you temporary or did it help to break through some of your insecurities and worries for a long time ?

B

Bod

Former member
I am sorry you have been suffering and can relate to that, as a very little boy I was sad depressed and anxious all of the time and I still get like it now but when I turned 40 yrs I got the help I needed as I started to see a therapist and worked through all my trauma and other issues in my life and it was very hard to go through too. Today I turned 60 yrs old and really feel great even fantastic as my life has been one big rollercoaster but I am alive and very proud of my life too. I still have bad days but the good days are far out weigh the bad.

Contramike

Contramike

I am sorry you have been suffering and can relate to that, as a very little boy I was sad depressed and anxious all of the time and I still get like it now but when I turned 40 yrs I got the help I needed as I started to see a therapist and worked through all my trauma and other issues in my life and it was very hard to go through too. Today I turned 60 yrs old and really feel great even fantastic as my life has been one big rollercoaster but I am alive and very proud of my life too. I still have bad days but the good days are far out weigh the bad.

Happy birthday, Bod!

Contramike

Contramike

Thanks for all your messages, I'm definitely looking for a good therapist.

Did seeing a therapist helped you temporary or did it help to break through some of your insecurities and worries for a long time ?

It did both. When I first saw a therapist I didn't know what to expect. It took a few sessions of getting to know each other before we started tackling issues. At first, they will listen to your story and provide some insight as to why your feeling the way you do. Every therapist is different in their approach, but that's basically the general direction they go. Once you've explained your situation, they will offer coping methods and ideas to make your life more manageable and eventually get to the root of why you feel the way you do. Then they will have you make some changes in your life to try to eliminate the bad issues. They often give specific advice tailored to your needs because they know you, your life and how you react to different situations. They generally have you make small changes that make your life easier and find fulfillment and purpose.

This has been my experience with therapists. It won't be exactly the same for everyone, but this is what I've experienced. It's a long term treatment, but I started feeling better the first visit and things gradually got better. For me it was definitely the best help I received for my problems. It's worth a shot! Nothing to loose and everything to gain!

M

MR57

It did both. When I first saw a therapist I didn't know what to expect. It took a few sessions of getting to know each other before we started tackling issues. At first, they will listen to your story and provide some insight as to why your feeling the way you do. Every therapist is different in their approach, but that's basically the general direction they go. Once you've explained your situation, they will offer coping methods and ideas to make your life more manageable and eventually get to the root of why you feel the way you do. Then they will have you make some changes in your life to try to eliminate the bad issues. They often give specific advice tailored to your needs because they know you, your life and how you react to different situations. They generally have you make small changes that make your life easier and find fulfillment and purpose.

This has been my experience with therapists. It won't be exactly the same for everyone, but this is what I've experienced. It's a long term treatment, but I started feeling better the first visit and things gradually got better. For me it was definitely the best help I received for my problems. It's worth a shot! Nothing to loose and everything to gain!
Very interesting. Did you find the good therapist the first time or did you try different ones?