• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

sad and happy at the same time.

H

haystack

sad over covid and other losses to my family last year...but happy that my life is going well. I try not to think about the sadness...or it will overwhelm me...I just focus on happy stuff. like painting, loving my wife and dogs, and just living day to day.

O

Orangeade

sad over covid and other losses to my family last year...but happy that my life is going well. I try not to think about the sadness...or it will overwhelm me...I just focus on happy stuff. like painting, loving my wife and dogs, and just living day to day.
I’m sorry to hear about the losses! I think if you focus on your wife and being in the moment with your dogs it can help! But sometimes i feel that if we ignore out problems for to long, it can come back at the most emotional times! Just remember to be open with your wife, you can do this together! X sending you love x

AliceTheDivided

AliceTheDivided

@haystack I'm sorry for your loss.
it's great to take it one step at a time and to focus on the positive!
Life is moving forward, we're carrying our loved ones in our heart always. Let yourself feel the good stuff, live as best as you can! Grief takes a toll, but it grows weaker with time. You'll heal from it.
Keep your loved one close, it's wonderful you have support.

H

haystack

thanks you guys...yes the pain subsides with time, but the deaths are recent so it's not that easy...I just feel really bad for my cousin who lost his wife to covid, and my uncle joe, his father, died in october. cancer. I hate cancer. but anyways...I am doing really well selling books and paintings so I am happy monetarily and I have all the love in the world from my family and friends.