• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

SA and agoraphobia

F

firemonkee57

I was wondering how many here have agoraphobia. I can go outside if I push myself but think I may have mild agoraphobia in that I have safe areas where I can go on my own(near the town centre where I live being one and partially along the seafront another) and get scared of being lost and trapped outside the 'zone'.
If i get past the social anxiety I then have to get past the safe zone. I think in some ways that is harder than the social anxiety.
Although I feel less socially anxious with other mentally ill people fear of having to go outside my safe zone means I back away from certain places I could meet other people.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I wouldn't say I have agoraphobia, but I feel i'm definitely restricted in terms of where I can go without suffering with anxiety.
Some days I can't even make it to the high street.
I suppose i'm lucky because it does fluctuate, and so some days are better and I feel more independent.

monopod

monopod

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I never leave the house unless I absolutely have to. Outside the house is where the people are :hidesbehindsofa:

B

blue spark

Neither work for me,been like this for ages now.I can't see things getting better,so i made my own plan.Now this plan of mine and only mine entiles some hard work from me and a bit of support.It's a last resort for me,If all goes well it will help me be a lot better,if by any chance it does'nt work i just might give up.
I really need a reason to keep going.

Last edited: