• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Rushed, overwhelmed, paranoid and anxious. What’s going on? I need someone to talk to..

E

Emotinium

I don’t know what’s going on with me exactly. It’s like there is a blanket around me with a strong weird negative energy. I am familiar with this feeling, but lately it’s stronger then ever. I suffer from GAD, depression and social phobia. I haven’t left my house in 2 weeks now. It’s a horrible sensation where I am going through. Everything around me (even the smallest things) gives me stress. I don’t know what to do and it honestly feels like I’m completely losing myself. Negative thoughts are constantly flowing through my mind and I feel like I can’t control it. It’s like there is literally no positivity left.

Anyone who can give some tips? I really need someone to talk right now who have gone through the same feelings as I am going through.

D

Dispatch

Hi ... sorry to hear you’re having a rough patch ... it sucks. The negative thoughts, do they come on in waves ? ... something I learned on this forum is to try and keep your mind occupied with something else ( until the waves subside ) ... I find I can do something mundane like sweeping the porch when I feel the anxiety start to build ... this helps me take my mind off of the thoughts and concentrate on the task ... it seems to work pretty good for me ... I also recommend taking magnesium glycinate ( nature’s Valium )... this seems to calm down my thoughts

erikthesiren

erikthesiren

hi,

it's so hard to break through that blanket and i get it myself a lot, as well as just an absolute numbness where i just cannot bring myself to feel things. i find when i'm going through this its important to find as many small joys as possible. i often try to tidy my room and clean myself a little bit because decluttering a physical space or thing helps make me feel less claustrophobic. i know you haven't been able to leave your house, so maybe just stepping out onto the doorstep if you can and get some fresh air can give you new perspective. i also like to do calming sensory things, like make myself a coffee or wear clothes i really like.

i am here if you would like to vent. i still have these time periods and they DO pass, the main thing during them is to make sure you still have some vague interest in the world around you.

E

Emotinium

Hi ... sorry to hear you’re having a rough patch ... it sucks. The negative thoughts, do they come on in waves ? ... something I learned on this forum is to try and keep your mind occupied with something else ( until the waves subside ) ... I find I can do something mundane like sweeping the porch when I feel the anxiety start to build ... this helps me take my mind off of the thoughts and concentrate on the task ... it seems to work pretty good for me ... I also recommend taking magnesium glycinate ( nature’s Valium )... this seems to calm down my thoughts
Uhm, at the moment it aren’t really waves anymore. My nervousness is constantly there. It’s really driving me crazy. I noticed my thoughts are going so fast that I feel like I have no control over them. I take these thoughts very seriously and often they real to me. I can’t really contradict myself, because it happens so often and fast. I try to do different things to calm myself down, but it just doesn’t seem to work. I’m trying meditation, yoga etc. But no effect really.

N

Nukelavee

Are you dissociating? Like, is there an unreal feeling to this, like out of body?

E

Emotinium

hi,

it's so hard to break through that blanket and i get it myself a lot, as well as just an absolute numbness where i just cannot bring myself to feel things. i find when i'm going through this its important to find as many small joys as possible. i often try to tidy my room and clean myself a little bit because decluttering a physical space or thing helps make me feel less claustrophobic. i know you haven't been able to leave your house, so maybe just stepping out onto the doorstep if you can and get some fresh air can give you new perspective. i also like to do calming sensory things, like make myself a coffee or wear clothes i really like.

i am here if you would like to vent. i still have these time periods and they DO pass, the main thing during them is to make sure you still have some vague interest in the world around you.
Yeah I have that sort of numbness as well. I can’t really let things out by crying as well which botters meZ There is just constant anxiety and nothing else. I really don’t have things left that gives me joy. My hobbies are effected by it as well. I loved to make music first, but because I’m so nervous that’s no fun anymore as well. At the moment even sitting in livingroom isn’t comfortable anymore. I just wish I could fade away from this planet. My mind is doubting everything it comes up with and it’s holding me back to feel something else then stress. I’ll get some fresh air this evening when I’m not alone anymore. I’ll sit down on my balcony, because yeah, I think the fact that I’m just stuck in my room making things worse.

I’ll probably get help next month. I’ll go away from home for a while to get help, because my situation is endless this way. The fact that I have to go away from of course giving me super anxious feelings.

I’m super anxious that this perhaps is something else then just GAD, social anxiety and depression. I’m fearing it’s something like schizophrenia, paranoia, psychoses or something, because I feel so strange.

D

Dispatch

I’m glad to see you posting ... I’ve found it very beneficial to just start writing my thoughts down ... concentrating on my writing instead of my anxiety ... the anxiety eventually goes away

E

Emotinium

I’m glad to see you posting ... I’ve found it very beneficial to just start writing my thoughts down ... concentrating on my writing instead of my anxiety ... the anxiety eventually goes away
Yeah well, I’m doing this for 2 years now basically every week. It does help indeed. Today I was thinking maybe saying my thoughts out loud is beneficial. No effect now though. I just can’t seem to relax. I think it does have something to do that yesterday I heard I will have to to a mental hospital about a month. I know it’s my only option left though, because they can’t provide help at home. But the idea freaks me out to be away from home.

D

Dispatch

Well it’s only natural that you might have some anxiety about being away from home but being at the hospital where there are doctors and nurses there to help you seems like a pretty good idea

E

Emotinium

Well it’s only natural that you might have some anxiety about being away from home but being at the hospital where there are doctors and nurses there to help you seems like a pretty good idea
Yeah, it think it is the best choice, but my image of such place is pretty bad. Like what you see in the movies etc. I’ve got all these kinds of horror situation in my mind right now. I would like to speak to someone who has been in such place and if it was beneficial for her or him.

My nervousness does seems to lower a bit (finally) right now. It’s not gone, but I’m feeling a little bit calmer.

D

Dispatch

I’m glad you’re feeling calmer ... that always feels good. I’ve not been in a mental hospital but I have been in a regular hospital and my experience is that all the doctors and nurses were always so nice ... they seemed to go out of their way to help me feel as comfortable as possible

I

Italia2020

I don’t know what’s going on with me exactly. It’s like there is a blanket around me with a strong weird negative energy. I am familiar with this feeling, but lately it’s stronger then ever. I suffer from GAD, depression and social phobia. I haven’t left my house in 2 weeks now. It’s a horrible sensation where I am going through. Everything around me (even the smallest things) gives me stress. I don’t know what to do and it honestly feels like I’m completely losing myself. Negative thoughts are constantly flowing through my mind and I feel like I can’t control it. It’s like there is literally no positivity left.

Anyone who can give some tips? I really need someone to talk right now who have gone through the same feelings as I am going through.
Hi I just wanted to say that I feel exactly the same way you do. My antidepressant pooped out on me 7 months ago nothing I try is working and I’m a nervous panic mess every day from when I open my eyes in the morning. It’s horrific. It’s constant all day

I

Italia2020

Have you tried a Benzo like klonipan or Xanax. Only thing that gives me minimal relief for a couple hours.

Eleison

Eleison

I just wanted to say that I can relate to what you described so well. I'm sorry that you're in so much distress.
Did anything in particular trigger it?