• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Running Away

A

angel10

Sorry for all the questions and moaning everyone but I'm just after some peace of mind.

I'm married with a gorgeous little boy and a very supportive family. This is why i'm confused that I have these god damn awful thoughts and urges.

When I'm down and especially this time I've been down I get the suicidal thoughts like many of you but I also get a very powerful urge just to run. I mean run in the sense of getting far far away from everyone I love going somewhere where nobody knows me and no one can find me. I've even gone so far to check flight/train times and prices.

Does anyone else have these feelings? I feel terrible, guilty, selfish and damn right annoyed with myself cause I love these people.

S

shell

hi

Yes I sometimes get these thoughts . The only problem is you still take your problems. Once you run you will be running all your life. Try not to feel bad its because your not well x

L

LilMissLost

I think thats all i ever think about most of the time, just want to be on my own somewhere far away, in reality that isnt really going to happen but i think i would achieve the same sort of freeness if i just walked along the beach for a day. Never tried it alone though as im not sure id come back! I feel guilty and selfish too and honestly believe people would be better off without me but in reality i know thats not true, just need a bit of time to do what i want to do, when i want to do it, hope you are ok and hang on in there :)

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
yes angel I often feek like running away but recognise for me that it is an unsafe thing to do as it runs in line with the risk of attempting suicide.
I think the best thing to do is to try and get time alone for yourself without the responsibilities of others. Even if this is a cup of coffee and a look roung the shop on your own every so often.
Take care.
KP

S

suzy

It's one thing thinking it and another thing actually doing it so beat yourself up too much about it

Try and keep it under control and think of how bad it would be if you actually did it, you are in control and things sound good at home!

D

distraction

hi i often feel the same
im not sure if i think a change of enviroment will change me but i know wherever i am i will feel the same and i cant run away from myself
when depressed we become self destructive and isolation appears appealing
hope you feel better soon

A

angel10

thank you all for your very kind words. I'm so glad i've found this forum and that you all understand it means so much. xx