• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Ruminating/worry/irrational thoughts/panic

N

Not100%

Hi all been looking for site like this for a while and just never stumbled across it! Glad I have now πŸ˜€. So I've dealt with panic disorder for about 10years now with varying levels of success. Have tried all the pills and potions, benzos, barbiturates, sedating antihistamines, beta blockers. Then of course there were the antidepressants that always went with the above meds. So I first went on tricyclics (10years ago) with no positive effects then there was SSRIs for next 4 years with little success as a sedative was still needed at least 2 times per week for those extreme attacks. Then it was effexor (SNRI) for another 5 years with again little success then last year I weaned myself off them over 6months of hell having my last dose feb this year. I've had no more trouble since than what I did whilst taking the tablets until 2 weeks ago. The anxiety has hit HARD, panic attacks rolling into panic attacks over and over again. I'm having ruminating thoughts which spiral outta control to those disastrous endings, constant worry, health anxiety and just generally feeling like crap. Its debilitating and stressful and I'm starting to lose sleep. I meditate, affirmations and exercise as often as I can, we can always do more right :) . I really don't wanna go back to meds and am determined to get past this once and for all!! Do people out there have tips? Things that work for them? Long term fixes? Thanks to everyone in advance! And thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully reply to my post, I am grateful.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Dear Not100%, the only thing I can tell you is that you will not succeed at reducing meds unless you do it extremely slowly. A ten percent cut every three months is considered the best. I taught this to my psychiatrist. I learned it from a book by Dr. Peter Breggin.