• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Ruining relationships

E

elouise11

Hi,

I’ve just been referred for having an eating disorder and am awaiting an assessment at my local clinic.

Being hungry gives me so much happiness, I feel like I have a goal each day .

Colleagues and family have recently started picking up on my weight loss and are confronting me about it/discussing it between themselves. I used to be social but now I hate being around them. I’d rather be alone as then I don’t have to smell or see food. But they’re all trying to make me eat. Why are they trying to do this? Do they not want me to be happy?
I don’t feel like I can trust anyone anymore, they’re trying to distract me and ruin my goals.

I don’t know what to do anymore - I’m going to end up alone but maybe that’s a good thing be sure I’ll be happy.

Z

Zoe1

hi Elouise :welcome:

no thats not happiness I think its a kind of mania
I know because I have been there with the anorexia

family and colleagues are showing they care about you

if you carry on as you are you put your life and health at risk
which is why they are trying to reach you

:grouphug:

P

Purpleplum

This causes you to isolate because eating disorders are very isolating. You want to stay away from anyone or anything that wants to change you. It can get progressively worse as time goes on.
It's an addiction as bad as a heroin addiction and you need help to get out of the addiction cycle.