• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ruby Wax...Borderline Personality Disorder

Q

quality factor

Google 'Headroom'.....Ruby's Room

Ruby wax explores BPD and other mentaL health issues.

QF.​

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
There's some really good stuff there, very accesible.:clap:

Q

quality factor

Thanks, I did try to copy and paste the flippin thing but sapphire you know what I'm like at trying to post videos!!

I only came across it by chance!

QF

A

AuroraBlues

I was in hospital with the girl in the Bipolar Video

Jo1760

Jo1760

The headroom pages are quite good. I first saw them on youtube - There seems to be a fair amount of information on there. I think Ruby's explaination of depression is good, the idea of being ill / feeling unwell as if to have flu etc... but it was the first stages of the dip into depression. That lathergic feeling is something I used to get before dipping - It was interesting to have someone else suggest the same thing.

C

chloety

Thanks for posting this. I found it helpful and I thought that the participants honesty was quite inspiring.
chloety x

dib4uk

dib4uk

Been to the site before and I highly recommend it so others can view the videos and to get a better understanding about mental health and problems associated with it.

:)

R

rasselas

I admit to liking Ruby Wax's TV persona. I'm glad she wasn't drugged up in the 80s and early 90s - her standup was very manic and risque.

The BBC and the RSP have been in cahoots for some time. They used to always wheel out that TV psychiatrist Raj Persaud. He was very vocal during the debate about reclassifying cannabis back up to B from C. His claims around that time affirmed to me that his academic head had been refitted with a Showbiz one. Ironically, not long after he was up before the GMC on plagiarism charges, for which he was struck off for 3 months.

Now the BBC seem to favour comedians that have suffered psychological issues themselves. Persaud, unusually for a psychiatrist, also had a dgree in psychology, and early on his career was far more openminded than his later proclamations became - wherein if you listened to him you'd really start to share his delusion that chemical imbalances were at the root of everything - even perhaps his plagiarism.

Plagiarism is a very particular definition of academic pilfering - that is a huge problem these days in schools, universities and informational sites on the net.

People's written words are copied and pasted wholesale and presented as personal expertise. There is no engagement with the ideas or the information. It is a passive swallow and shit process, throughout which the form of the thing (which is indigestible) is evacuated by the individual in an exact, unchanged form.

Ona broader level, one of the phenomena of psychiatry, in terms of how it integrates an individual into its orthodoxy, is how it transforms its flock into little 'plagiarism' units, that go around reeling off generic statements, which they have memorised word for word, and which are then internalised by others and repeated word for word.

The author of the statement is never acknowledged. The evidence forming the basis of the claim, never referenced.

These videos are great examples of that process.

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

thank you very much for the link i love it :clap:

I

Ian1956

<object width="512" height="400"><param name="movie" value="http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/external/player.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="playlist=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebbc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fheadroo