Routine??

N

Nutter_09

Hi all,

I have been told that i need to stick to a routine but am finding it so hard.
I do get up early each day but tend to go back to bed as I still feel very tired.
I don't have much to do in the day.
I do go out if my boyfriend or friends are not working. I will also go to the shop and tidy the house but I just feel like sometimes I just can't be bothered.
I know I am making it harder for myself as when I am ready to go back to work I will really struggle - but I just can't see past this time right now.

Does anyone have any ideas of basic routines and the best way to do it?

Thanks

N

gray

gray

It's true, routine is supposed to help deal with depression.

For myself I have recently been told to try and get into a routine as well. I have been told to go to sleep a lot earlier than I do and wake up a lot earlier too. I don't tend to eat very much either. Told not to force myself to eat 3 full meals a day, but to atleast get into a routine of eating something at certain times of the day.

Depressed people are usually very disorganised, so it can help to write down a plan for each day and at what time you are to do each thing.
I have previously tried this method in the past, it worked for about a week, I found myself gradually not following what I wrote and then I slipped back into my old ways.

It's all about your own willpower and motivation to follow your plan. Sadly depressed people are usually very lacking in both, so it's a battle from the begining. :( Perhaps some sort of behaviour therapy would help with that though.

Last edited:
N

Nutter_09

Thanks,
I helped out in my friends hair salon yest which I felt good doing. I might try and do that a few days a week.
I begin to think i am just being lazy but just can't face most things at the moment.
I know what you mean about food - i either don't eat much, or pig out!!