• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Roommate Issue

L

lax

Hi there,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this up here, but I just needed to get this out of my system. My room mate is pissing me off. It's just one of those small issues. She NEVER smiles, like I'm always the one saying hi and trying to be friendly, but it seems that this girl has something against me or soemthing even though we never met before. Yeah NEVER live with anyone you don't know ahead of time!!! What's worst is the toilet paper.... I put a whole box of toilet paper in the common washroom that the two of us share and I go back to my home town for 2 days and come back to this residence and see that she used up 1/2 the box already. I suspect she is stealing from the washroom obviously you can't use that much. Then now that the box is used up, I deliberately left the roller empty for a day to give her a signal that it's your turn to input your share of the toilet. She puts ONE stupid roll of toilet paper on the roller! This girl is a real *, everyone knows what I want to say, but yeah. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, it was just really eating me up inside.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Get it off you chest... shraing in house let alone a room can be a very stressful experiance. I still houseshare but it took me a long time to find the right mix of people, try not to take things personally though. feel free to PM me as I can talk about this subjest till the cows come home:):):)

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I would suggest that you see if you could go out for a drink or a coffee together to get to know each other better and ease the tension.This may give you a chance to clear the air.

D

Dollit

Sharing a house or flat with someone is a give and take experience. Perhaps your room mate has something else on her mind rather than the amount of toilet tissue in the bathroom? Perhaps there's a very good reason why she doesn't smile very much? And do you think that your behaviour may impact on her if you feel that her behaviour is impacting on you? Maybe taking a stand back and looking at the situation in a less emotive manner may help and remember that no one is perfect!