• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Room for one more?

S

sadnblue

Hello everyone :)

My name is Katie, I'm 28 and live in the west midlands. I'm married and have kids between the ages of 2 and 11 years old.

I have suffered depression on and off for as long as I can remember. So to me its just a normal part of life. Although its never been as bad as it has been in the past 6 months or so. It was my health visitor that noticed my most "recent depression" whilst doing a check up on my youngest child when she was 1 years old. We had a long chat and that was the point I realised just how normal my life wasnt :(

Thus the journey of getting me help began. Although right now, its not really helping. I was prescribed mirtazapine for the depression and the social phobia which i stopped taking about 4 weeks ago...oddly enough its helped the social phobia to some extent, but I feel I am sinking deeper and deeper into the depression.

I had an appointment with my CPN and the doctor who spoke about putting me back on meds and I had an appointment a week later to start these meds...due to illness I had to cancel this appointment and was told my CPN would write me another appointment....this was 3 weeks ago. So another person to cross off the list thats 'abandoned me' :(

The suicidal thoughts have gotten worse in the past 4 or 5 days, to the point where I'm trying to sort out and loose ends like bills and things to do with the kids. My kids have always been the sole reason I havent attempted suicide, I have thought about it daily, but they are the reason I have never acted on the thoughts. Now is different, it feels like its out of my control...and like I said to my doctor, "I feel as if I'm hanging on by a thread, waiting for something, or someone to cut it".

So...whilst looking on google for help...or someone who would actually care and understand, I came across this site :)

(wow sorry I never meant for my intro to get this long!)

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi, :welcome: to the forum. Sorry to hear you're feeling so down, have you tried to contact the CPN for another appointment? Hang in there for your kids, I know just how you feel, and there's lots of us on here that will understand too. Keep posting if it helps. :hug:

Q

quality factor

Hi, :welcome: to the forum, hope we can help
you out. Keep posting.

QF.

Sugar Coated Owl

Sugar Coated Owl

Welcome Katie, I think you should make an appointment to see your GP right away and perhaps get them to contact the CPN on your behalf. Sometimes with MH services you have to keep on otherwise they forget. Keep strong.