ROCD out of nowhere

J

john888

Hi, this is my first time posting at this forum. So, I have a girlfriend for some time now and I love her so much, you know how it goes. But recently, out of nowhere, thoughts started coming to my mind. I'm constantly asking myself do i love her, do i feel happy with her as I did some time ago, do she still turns me on, and all sorts of questions like that. When I start thinking about that, I have to reassure myself that they are not true. It's been two weeks like this. I know that is very little time. First few days I thought that it was just a period of lesser love, something everyone in relationship goes through. But few days later i stumbled upon ROCD online, and my mind is not giving me peace ever since. I match some descriptions of it. I don't even know why im sad anymore, partly because of these thoughts and partly becase i might hive a mental ilness, something that really freaks me out. I've always been an overtinker and a perfectionist, but that never bothered me nearly as much as this. I started meditating and practicing mindfullnes, of which I heard recently and decided to give it a try. I just want to know what else can i do because I'm scared it will get worse with time. I really love my girlfriend and I want to spend my entire life with her and I really don't want these obsessions to get in the way of that. I want to know what can i do to help myself and what not to do that will only worsen it. I know it doesen't sound nearly as serious as some other posts and thanks for reading and help in advance!

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum :welcome:
I'm sorry your having intrusive thoughts, please see your dr or a therapist.
Your problems are as valid as anyone's, please continue to gain support from the forum.
Here to listen anytime.
Take care

J

john888

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I just want to add that now I'm thinking much more of the possibility that i could have a mental ilness and that it can hold me back in life and not allow me to be happy, than obsessing over my relationship and it's really weird

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi John,
With the right care/treatment many people improve.
Good luck