rOCD dealing with my wife ...

williamn

williamn

Hi !! This is just a follow up with my original post regarding rOCD /OCD ...

Please forgive my for all of the caps - I copied these notes out of my journal that is used with a counselor (LCSW) - I had no time to retype these thoughts ...

IT IS KNOWN THAT rOCD / OCD INVOLVES THOUGHTS - AS LONG AS I AM JUST HAVING THE THOUGHTS AND NOTHING IS ACTUALLY DONE OUTSIDE OF MY MIND - WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN I HAVE PHYSICALLY AVOIDED GOING PLACES WITH MY WIFE (WE WOULD STAY AT HOME) OR WHEN WE HAVE GONE PLACES AND I WOULD AVOID TALKING TO PEOPLE SO THAT WE WOULD NOT BE SEEN TOGETHER - ARE THESE MORE THAN rOCD / OCD EXAMPLES ??

WHAT IS ACTUALLY WRONG WITH ME / OUR RELATIONSHIP ?? - MAYBE THESE ARE SOME “IMAGE” EXAMPLES WHERE I FEEL THAT I MUST LOOK GOOD TO OTHER PEOPLE - HOW IS THAT RELATED TO rOCD / OCD ??

Thank you very much !! ...

WNB

Luci

Luci

It sounds to me like social anxiety. Maybe you subconsciously feel like things wont be 'right' as there are too many variables to control in a social setting?

williamn

williamn

It sounds to me like social anxiety. Maybe you subconsciously feel like things wont be 'right' as there are too many variables to control in a social setting?
Thank you for your reply ...

I never thought about Social Anxiety - this is something that I really have never learned about - you may absolutely be correct ...

Thank you again ...

Is there a way that we can become "friends" ?? - I would not like to lose your comments / helps throughout the future ...

Sorry - I just joined this site - I really do not know what to do to become a "friend" ...