• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Roberta Payne's outsider art

F

firemonkee57

In this post Roberta Payne writes about the relationship between schizophrenia and art. Roberta earned a BA in classics from Stanford, an MA in Italian from UCLA, an MA in romance languages from Harvard, and a PhD in comparative literature from the University of Denver. She taught English, Latin, and Italian, and her published work includes literary translations from Italian, short stories, and articles on schizophrenia. In 2013 Roberta published a memoir entitled Speaking to My Madness: How I Searched for Myself in Schizophrenia. Her article entitled "My Outsider Art" has recently been published in the Schizophrenia Bulletin, and is available open access.

Imperfect Cognitions: Roberta Payne's Outsider Art

My Outsider Art

BillFish

BillFish

In this post Roberta Payne writes about the relationship between schizophrenia and art. Roberta earned a BA in classics from Stanford, an MA in Italian from UCLA, an MA in romance languages from Harvard, and a PhD in comparative literature from the University of Denver. She taught English, Latin, and Italian, and her published work includes literary translations from Italian, short stories, and articles on schizophrenia. In 2013 Roberta published a memoir entitled Speaking to My Madness: How I Searched for Myself in Schizophrenia. Her article entitled "My Outsider Art" has recently been published in the Schizophrenia Bulletin, and is available open access.

Imperfect Cognitions: Roberta Payne's Outsider Art

My Outsider Art
A lot of schizophrenic artists, (ok some), seem to concentrate of the face a head, usually with bright coloration and patterns for some reason, just a trait I've observed over the years, thanks for the link.:p