• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

risperidone

A

alixelder

if u take risperidone how much of it do you take i take 6mg

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
6mg, gosh thats a lot!! I'm on 1mg twice a day and feel it is doing me some good with my anxiety though some days like today I wonder!!

S

scooby1001

Founding Member
I have just started taking oral risperidone and am on 4mg per day. I have found it gives me a bad headache and feeling sick and tired. Hopefully this is going to wear off. I am due to start on risperidone consta depot once it has been approved by the nhs trust, untill then i have it given daily by the home treatment team as i am non complient with oral medication due to audiorty haulillastions.

jackshepard

jackshepard

Hi.
I'm on risperidone for the past 15 days, and I feel a slight difference about my anxiety problems. The problem is I have to take 2 mg a day, and in the morning it's hard to stand up if I didn't have a 10 hours night. As I usually sleep 6-7 hours a night, when I arrived in my class the 1st time I took it, everyone asked me "What did you smoke?" Next week, I've got my exams, and I don't think I'll take it because I'm too sleepy with it.

sallyG

sallyG

Hello...im new here..i take risperidone 4mg..i find it makes me incredibly sleepy. When i first started taking it it had a weird effect on my body..i got quite demotivated, it messed with my feelings..ie i had a dulled sense of feelings....im not very good at articulating what i mean so i hope this makes sense.
I still find motivation very difficult but have now been taking risperidone for about three months and feeli a little better on it.
Hope that helps.
sally.:unsure:

R

RecoveringJ

I took risperidone for nearly 6 months at 5mg which was then lowered to 2mg.
It made me very sleepy...but now im on Apriprizazole which is brilliant.

expensive but well worth it.

Emily-Rose

Emily-Rose

I don't know what that med is o_O

I'm on 150mg of Seroquel a day, that makes me SUPER sleepy..

thebubbles22

thebubbles22

Hi all,

I used to take Risperidone but they took me off it because at the time my psychiatrist said that if it helped then I would most likely have some sort of fairly serious mental illness (other than depression which i was diagnosed with at the time), and i didn't want that label, so i lied and told him that it didn't help when it did, hence hallucinations and stuff getting worse.

when i eventually told the truth, i had changed CMHT's as a result of moving to a different area, and i'm now on quetiapine 200mg a day (100mg in the morning, 100mg at night) and 150mg of venlafaxine in the morning.

i didn't really get many adverse affects with the risperidone other than it making me feel slightly drunk and fuzzy, but i find that the quetiapine works better for me.

Love and Hugs

Bubbles
x x x

P

Paranoid MisterE

i was on risperidone first time round before olanzapine and now aripiprazole, i forget how much i took but it made my body and posture rigid and i was oversedated, shuffling around with a big vacant grin on my face....everything i did was slow and lethargic as well, sometimes i want to go back to that zombie like state!!

flowergirl

flowergirl

I used to take 6mg but had akathasia or whatever its called it didnt nake me sleepy I felt less anxious but unfortunately it didnt suit me well I could tell you all the other stuff ive tried but it wouldnt be much use I think respiridone was good but its not for everyone

mami5

mami5

Hi I currently take 1mg twice a day of risperidone. I take it for anxiety and find it works for me by getting rid of hallucinations and delusions. Took quetiapine before them and they made me very tired wheras these don't.

Mami x

T

turtle56

i found that resperidone made me feel stupid and sleepy. I am off the drug and am glad I stopped.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i hear respiridone as an injection is only water soluble as a result they require a big needle to get it in

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Schizophrenia Forum 17
2 Schizophrenia Forum 1