• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

risperidone?

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I've just been put on risperidone today, can anyone tell me what this is? i've not got it from chemist yet, are the side effects bad?

keepsafe

keepsafe

Its an anti psychotic, it made me numb and forgetful and I didn;t like it at all - but we are all different.
I did even dafter things than usual whilst on it - but I think it did stop the voices for a while.
:hug::hug:

thedreamswehad

thedreamswehad

It's an anti-psychotic i was on it for a year and found it very helpful but can have side effects, for me it was feeling drowsy and sometimes feeling shaky, but it's different for everyone.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've heard that it makes you sweat and gives headaches.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Oh great sounds like fun!! I already have terrible night sweats and my anxiety gives me migraines!! Maybe when I take this it'll be like a river in my bed and I'll just get washed right into the hall!!:LOL::LOL: Haha I've just got that picture in my head now!!

LaraSam

LaraSam

I was on this for a few days 2 years ago, I don't remember anything about those 2 days at all! It totally erased my memory and I was doing very odd things, my mum took me to hospital because I'd tried to kill myself. My eyes were like pin pricks and my breasts started to produce milk :| Will never do that again!!!!! EVER!!!

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Goodness!! I'm getting it today from chemists!! I'll just hold onto the fact that all meds have different effects on different people, wish I hadn't asked now:LOL::LOL:

L

latenight

Founding Member
I was on it a couple of years ago too and it's supposed to cure you from those voices inside your head. But it never did work for me so I abandoned it and went on with my life cause' I knew the voices come from machines - which is called mind control.

But after these years of harassment I've become accustomed to it. :D

Q

quality factor

Hi there unlucky, have a look at drugs.com it's quite a comprehensive site .

QF.

M

maudikie

Risperidone.

I think risperidome is a prescription only medication. If there is anything else y ou want to know about either the medicine or yourself then ASK your doctor.