• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Risperidone

B

boffin1252

Just wanted to listen to people's experiences on Risperidone. I'm thinking of moving from quitipine onto Risperidone see.

HLon99

HLon99

Dear Boffin,

I have no first hand experience with risperidone. My psychiatrist first recommended that I go onto quetiapine but warned me against the side effects of sedation and weight gain. I hear that risperidone has a similar side effect profile. We eventually settled on aripiprazole, and I highly recommend this drug. Since, being on it, I've been hypomania free, I sleep fantastically and feel fresh as a daisy in the mornings. No major increase in appetite.

manicmonday

manicmonday

I take 4mg of Risperidone and get along quite well on it. My periods are a bit irregular and I’m tired all the time but it’s better than mania.

ht46

ht46

I was on risperidone for seven years for schizophrenia at first I was on high dose and put on lot of weight and was very sedated eventually decreased it but I still suffered from paranoia so I switched to amisulpride which has helped.