risperidone

M

msrx5sw2

Founding Member
has anyone put on weight with risperidone? ive put on 3 stone since starting it, im becoming really senstive about it and my self esteem is becoming effected.

skitzware

skitzware

Founding Member
Yes I have a bit (but it also could be the other meds as well..)
I think it increases your appitite so you have to watch what you eat.

D

Danage

Yes I have a bit (but it also could be the other meds as well..)
I think it increases your appetite so you have to watch what you eat.
I read somewhere else that the atypicals cause a carbohydrate craving in people, so that is why most people put on weight.

whisper

whisper

Founding Member
hi M
yeah i was previously on rispiridone and put on a some weight however not much maby half a stone over a 1 or 2 months (but i guess i tend to be really careful about what i eat), i would say that it seems to increase appitite so handy fruits (like bananas or apples) is what i useually keep around the house incase i get a hunger pang that isnt near a meal time
but yeah so hope that helped
(sorry for the appaulling spelling :redface:)

D

Danage

Good advice.

i would say that it seems to increase appitite so handy fruits (like bananas or apples) is what i useually keep around the house incase i get a hunger pang that isnt near a meal time
but yeah so hope that helped
That's good advice. I am on Olanzapine, so it causes me to become hungry, and I recently had to fast for twenty-five hours for a religious festival, but fruit is better than such luxuries as chocolate, as they fill me up more. I will certainly put that advice into practice, even though it was not directed at me.

M

maudikie

Danage.

Excellent idea. Also some daily exercise should help, althoug I knoe it makes yo feel tired, but then if you are asleep yo don't want to eat!(y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beeyum Schizophrenia Forum 10
T Schizophrenia Forum 14