• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Risperidone side effects

U

utter madness

Hi was wondering if ne 1 had nasty side effects with this med since I've took it the last wk it's made me itch and came out in a slight rash had heads and made me sick

keepsafe

keepsafe

I was on it quite a long time ago, gave me a rash, made me emotionally numb too - it was an awful anti psych for me.

Hope these symptoms disappear and settle down

KS
xx

U

utter madness

I have a tingly itch and a slight rash it's also making me sweat and feeling sick and a headache ne 1 else had these symptoms

Kerome

Kerome

Risperidone made me emotionally flat, unmotivated, caused weight gain, reduced my sex drive to near zero, knocked about 20 pts off my IQ and made me sleep long hours. And that was at a lowish dose of 2 mg. In hindsight it was awful medicine which can really reduce your ability to live your life and can zombify you.

I later switched to Orap (pimozide) which had the same positive effects with none of the side effects. I recommend this medicine, it's much less invasive.

A

Amyla

I have been on 6mg for 3 years now after trying most others, this is the one that works for me. I do have to take Orphenadrine to stop the side effects (dyskinesia) which is mainly muscle spasms and involuntary jerks.
I was a zombie for the first six months or so, just as well cos I was totally crackers. Never had any itching or rashes but know of many who have.
Don't be afraid to hassle your Pdoc, there is a med out there to suit you, just got to find it. xx

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hey there, its probably best you visit your gp x

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

might be worth taking a visit to the gp x

U

utter madness

Thanks for your replies got a itch again don't know how longer I can tolerate this med it seems to have killed my creativity I'm struggling to get out of bed all it's doing is numbing the symptoms not really taking them away it's calmed the voices tho it's a terrible drug if I tell them it's not helping they will just stop it probably wouldn't give me another anti-psych drug I'm in a mixed mood but it's more the low mood and irritability that's showing