• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Risperidone-helped?

B

Blondie

Has anyone tried Risperidone and has it helped?The doc has prescribed this for my 17 year old daughter who is suffering from aggression and lack of sleep due to her illness(see justgiving page for details).Any light shed on this would be great!!

A

Affective

Hi Blondie,
I personally have never used Risperidone. Although though I have heard it can calm aggression, irritation and anger. As for helping your daughter sleep, Risperdal is a second generation Atypical Antipsychotic and most of these drugs have strong sedating effects.

sallyG

sallyG

Hello Blondie...im currently on risperidal consta injections..previous to this i was taking risperidone tablets 4mg...it certainly has helped me..it has a calming effect..and helps me to sleep also...I hope that your daughter benefits from this drug as i have .

raven

raven

Hi there Blondie, I've been on risperidone for about a year and a half now and have found it great at calming me down and aiding my sleep. I'm on 4mg a day.

I hope it works for your daughter.

Raven

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Blondie I am on the risperidone injection and I have found that it helps me a lot in calming me down and heping me to be less agitated I hope that it helps your daughter
Messy

R

RobbieC

Hi Blondie, I have been on risperidone for some time now. It is calming and does help you sleep. I am only on a maintenance dose of 1mg now tho