Risperidone/haloperidol

~minnie~

~minnie~

I am on 25mg risperidone consta and my dr is thinking of increasing it as my voices havent stopped, I aslo take 2mg of haloperidol. Is anyone else on either of these meds and how have you found being on these meds especially the risperidone consta injections.

I am scared of the increase

D

Dollit

I was on haloperidol last year for less than a week. I had bad side effects from the off and I still have one of the effects now. I'd never use it again and it increased my symptoms because of the side effects. Sorry this is so negative but that's my only experience of it.

skitzware

skitzware

Founding Member
I was on 50mg Risperidone Consta for years, (until taken off after a heart attack) I gained weight on this (about a stone & a half). I now am on 6mgs a day tablet form.

~minnie~

~minnie~

heart attack???

oh no i dont know what to do now

D

Dollit

Skitzware didn't say that the medication caused the heart attack just that the medication was stopped after the heart attack.

~minnie~

~minnie~

my cpn rang me yesterday to ask me to go for my injection on wednesday, he also said that the psych doctor has increased my risperidone injection

I am just scared of the increase, what will it be increased to is what I am asking, I will have to wait till tomorrow
I do hope it works and stops the voices or make them quieter because I am suicidal because of them

*sobs*
:(

skitzware

skitzware

Founding Member
If I remember correctly there are 3 doses of Risperidol 25 mgs, 33 mgs, & 50 mgs.

I would imagine you will be increased to the middle dose of 33 mgs each fortnight.

I wouldn't worry too much about the increase just check for any side effects like sleepness/lack of sleep, dry mouth, twitches, etc.

More info can be found here : http://www.risperdalconsta.com/risperdalconsta/index.html

Last edited:
D

Danage

Risperidone

I hated Risperidone. It switched off my (although small) sex drive, and didn't alleviate the voices in my head and actually started thought invasion. From what I have been told voices in the head isn't thought invasion, which is what I originally thought. The thought invasion I did have directly paralleled what my voices said, which I suppose is what it usually does. Olanzapine is now what i have come to deal with, and I now have no problems taking it. I don't recommend Risperidone.

~minnie~

~minnie~

my risperidone depot injection has been increased to 37.5mg

what I am asking is I am on haloperidol 2mg at night but I have been taking more than I should I have been taking 6mg during the day and this has stopped my voices but I am not sure whether I am doing more harm than good doing this...I have an appoinment on the 20th January with the psych but I am scared of mentioning this because she may take stop giving me the haloperidol

I dont know what to do, has anyone else been on haloperidol and what was your highest dose?