• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Risperidone and Lithium combination

U

Underdog21

Hi,

Is anyone taking Risperidone and Lithium together? If yes, what doses? What are the side effects from the Risperidone especially? Any weight gain, slow thinking process? Thank you!

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
That is a hefty prescription. How do you feel?

I have had Lithium alongside an AP but the AP was meant to be taken for 6 months only, until the episode was completely over.

U

Underdog21

That is a hefty prescription. How do you feel?

I have had Lithium alongside an AP but the AP was meant to be taken for 6 months only, until the episode was completely over.
I suffer from a mixed episode in Bipolar like low mood, agitation, feeling depressed in general. I am still dealing with symptoms. I have also lowered my antipsychotics by myself. NHS mental health services does seem to care very much whenever I reach out to them.