• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Risperdal.

V

Vincent

Thanks for the replies on my last post.
I was wondering if any of you take risperdal and has it made you not want to go out,i find i can't get angry on it either,how about you?

M

mad as a hatter

i take it makes u feel un human with no feelings i hate it and makes me so sleepy but if i don,t tk it i get voices so i can,t win

S

stxo

this is my second time on risperidone, it makes me tired, but boy, can i still get angry!!! it takes time to get used to new medication, everyone reacts differently, just keep trying and review it after about 8 weeks with your cpn. good luck

V

Vincent

I take risperidone before i go to bed,and i'm ok during the day,i've been on it for 15 years,if i dont take it i go through sheer hell,i heard they give it to kids with add with anger problems so thats why i thought it takes your anger away.
My doc says we can try other meds for my problem.:)

Star-28

Star-28

risperdal was the only thing that worked on me. as of today I am trying a new med because I came off risperdal about five months ago and my symptoms are back. this new one is not supposed to have some of the side effects i experienced with risperdone.

As far as being angry.. If im on risperdal, someone could pull out in front of me and flip me off and yell curse words and I would just smile and wave, and think what an idiot.
But OFF of medication is a whole different story. I would probably smash them with my car and run them off the road then drag them out of the car and beat the shit out of them. :evil:

Risperdal makes me very calm and not angry at all. Thats why I like it.

F

firemonkee57

I have been on risperdal consta for about 9-10 months. During that time i have found myself going out less than i used to. I just thought it was a problem specific to me and nothing to do with the meds.

V

Vincent

I have been on risperdal consta for about 9-10 months. During that time i have found myself going out less than i used to. I just thought it was a problem specific to me and nothing to do with the meds.
Yeah,i thought it was a problem with me for years,but when i saw this guy on youtube say that risperdal made him not want to go out and made him feel like crap in the mornings i began to think it was the meds,i'm still not totally sure though,i'm gonna ask for a different med anyway,cheers.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i was on respiradone for 2 years they were the worst years of my life i became agorophobic and was like a zombie quitiapine is much better but am going to be trying abilify soon diddy

ralph1

ralph1

Founding Member
My eldest son as a child was diagnosed as ADHD and was put on it Risperidol by the pschiatrist. one month later he tok him of it saying that whilst there may be improvements now there was a high risk of severe problems in his later life and old age

To me that leaves a lot of unanswered questions from a long time ago that might have gone away over the years. But it still leaves me scared of the stuff. :confused::unsure:

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi vincent yes i go out now with family and my boyfriend went to town today did some shopping and sat in the park eating a lolly, i cant always manage it but i can do it diddy

F

firemonkee57

Yeah,i thought it was a problem with me for years,but when i saw this guy on youtube say that risperdal made him not want to go out and made him feel like crap in the mornings i began to think it was the meds.
Do you have the youtube link?

sallyG

sallyG

Im on risperidal consta injection and i have to say it suits me fine...i was agoraphobic quite badly before i started the injections...but since having them for the past six weeks i can go out and do a little more than i was doing beforehand...i guess it effects ppl in different ways.

A

Affective

Im on risperidal consta injection and i have to say it suits me fine...i was agoraphobic quite badly before i started the injections...but since having them for the past six weeks i can go out and do a little more than i was doing beforehand...i guess it effects ppl in different ways.
Well done! I'm glad it's working for you.