• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Risperdal,zyprexa,valium,ritrovil and xanax;isn't this too much?

H

Hellen

I'm taking Risperdal,Zyprexa,Valium,Rivotril and Xanax.This was prescribed by therapist but I can't barely function.Isn't this too much?As a former med student I find mixing benzos really weird but I have to take my medication because my therapy was ordered by the court,if I don't do it I'll eventually end up behind bars?

F

Fragile

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, it sounds like a ridiculous cocktail. I presume you're from the U.S, because drugging on that scale (two anti-psychotics and two benzo's) is fairly unlikely to happen over here.

There can't' be any logic behind behind mixing xanax and valium - given the properties of the two drugs, it just doesn't make any sense. It sounds like very bad medicine.

If I were you I would insist on a second opinion.

H

Hellen

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, it sounds like a ridiculous cocktail. I presume you're from the U.S, because drugging on that scale (two anti-psychotics and two benzo's) is fairly unlikely to happen over here.

There can't' be any logic behind behind mixing xanax and valium - given the properties of the two drugs, it just doesn't make any sense. It sounds like very bad medicine.

If I were you I would insist on a second opinion.
I actually live in the UK.I do agree it's an huge amount of medication but I'm doing as I was told...I don't have many options,it's either that or going to jail.They want to keep my "moods" stable and the only option is loading me with drugs.I'm also being forced to go to cognitive therapy which is horrible.

S

swh12

I wouldn't be happy about having to take that many drugs. Sorry but if you don't mind I have some questions. How did it come about that you will go to jail if you don't take the drugs?? How can they monitor whether you have taken all those drugs?

Niniane

Niniane

Whoaw. I've been on all those medications, and putting them in a cocktail is literally insane. No wonder you can barely function. Most of those meds knock you out on their own, so mixing them together...
Can't you tell your psychiatrist that it's too much ? I mean, even if it's court-ordered, the point of the drugs is to make you feel better, not to put you on a coma mode where you can't do anything. Beside, it's strange, because most of those drugs have nothing to do with mood problem (if my memory serves well). T

H

Hellen

I wouldn't be happy about having to take that many drugs. Sorry but if you don't mind I have some questions. How did it come about that you will go to jail if you don't take the drugs?? How can they monitor whether you have taken all those drugs?
I can't discuss legal matters here.Answering to your second question,blood and urine samples...

Last edited:
H

Hellen

That's their main goal,drugging me so I won't do anything,that's their way of solving problems.My psychiatrist is even crazier than me,she will not help that much...

Niniane

Niniane

Can't you try to talk to another psychiatrist ?

H

Hellen

Can't you try to talk to another psychiatrist ?
That would be hard.My therapy was ordered by the court,if I tell them I want to talk to another psychiatrist they won't even listen,they will think I'm trying to manipulate them due to my supposed personality disorder.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 12