• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Risk assessment?

BillFish

BillFish

Hi......I had a short meeting with my cpn,psychiatrist,team leader and a doctor a week ago.

Basically they took notes while I answered questions and read parts of my med notes to me.I was then handed a summary of my med notes with all the most relavent info in, entitled (Risk assessment).I have to check it over sign it and hand it back but keep a copy.

Makes me wonder what data base it will end up on and who will be able to see it.The thing about a summary is that it just states the major events in my illness without explanation .

I was surprised it detailed the most relavent things.I had thought about requesting my notes, but having read this I don't need to.

Anybody else done this?

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
When I first had contact with MH services I filled in something similar. It basically means that if you have a futher contact with MH services they have a bit of information about you. This is useful if you present in crisis and is difficult to assess you and can avoid repetition. All information given is strictly confidential and can ONLY be accessed by relevent and appropriate personel. IF you have any doubt speak to your MH worker or contact PALS

Take care

R

RiverWolfe

My CPN said the notes are for things like when the Crisis Team have to get involed and my GP.

The notes dont go outside the medical proffessionals, i've been assured by my CPN and had her explain it all to me, which she was really happy to do.

Hope this puts your mind at rest

River

S

spuntree

I tend to worry about everything they write. I used to think that it was only for the medical profession to look at. Then when social services intervened with my child I was horrified when all of my medical records including psychiatric recors were disclosed not only to the courts but to all partys including my ex. Now I am very reluctant to give them too much information.

R

RiverWolfe

When i was a lodger with someone who had children the social services asked to see my records as theywouldnt let the children visit untill they had checked me out, when kids are involved i guess they have their saftey as a priority, understanable really.

River

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I am aware that social services have access to my medical notes one social worker quoted something as a reason to say i'm not in need. also i saw my drs receptionist call up a psychiatrists letter about me on the computer screen, don't mind her seeing it but theres this receptionist i'm attracted to who i'd rather not have see my notes, i've still got hope even if misplaced

S

spuntree

yes social services is one thing...sending them to your ex as well though, especially my ex, the social services made me leave him because they said he was too dangerous and then they go and send him my medical records. I am always careful what I say now because you never know when it might come back to bite you years down the line. When I was going on a mad one in a hospital a couple of years ago if I had known then I was going to have a child and go through all of this I would have probably have been a calmer patient!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FadeToBlack Schizophrenia Forum 6