• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

ringing in my head

B

blue spark

I have a constant ringing in my head,told my gp and all he said was he cannot give me anything for it because of the side effects.It really is driving me up the wall.Should i ask for a head xray.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

So is it tinnitus you're experiencing or is it more in your head, if you understand what I mean?
It's really unhelpful that they GP can't help. They didn't suggest anything at all?

I know it sounds a bit wacky and can understand if it's not something you'd consider, but when I had bad tinnitus once I did some reflexology on myself and it worked. I was amazed.

B

blue spark

It could be tinitus i dont know,it seems to be left side dominent and never lets up.It's bad now as we speak.

B

blue spark

I just remembered,40 years ago i blew my nose and perferated my left ear drum.That healed good and never gave me any problems,i was once a sub aqua diver so my ear drum did heal good.The ringing seems to be on both sides,but left side is worse.Reflexology,do you mean like hitting my knee with a toffeey hammer lol.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

No, reflexology is where there are believed to be certain points on your feet that can be massaged to help heal the body.
The point for the ears (I think) are under just under the toes.

A

Alienated

I have had tinnitus since I was 7, from a accidental electric shock and concusion.. I just learned to ignore it, but since I am back on medications it's seems louder. I guess my nerves make it more irritating. But sorry to say, there isn't allot they can do about it.
Learning how to focus on several things at once helps, it keeps your mind busy. I wish I could help, and I wish it was music or change tone once in a while.. But it is what it is.

Gajolene

Gajolene

I have tinnitis now on the left side as well, I have read it can be a precursive symptom to diabities as well as a side effect to long term use of seroquel/quatiapines. Could be with other medications as well. I believe both of my parents had it too.

I have to have background noise going to sleep, some tv show or meditation music or voice guided meditation to distract myself from it. I have good days and bad, some days it's really loud and incessantly annoying. I notice when it's worse I am usually under muscle tension from a day full of excessive negative stress stored up as well.

I'm definately trying the reflexology at bedtime. Thanks for the tip SunsetScorpio.