• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

rick newbi

R

rick

hello.im abit nervous about talking,but i know i have to talk to someone im 4 months out of a long term relationship and im in a panic about my children,ihavnt seen them for six wks.i have suffered with depression all my life just cant see my way out of this,i feel realy bad

keepsafe

keepsafe

:welcome: to the forum, sorry you are feeling so bad, hope you find help and support here
Keep talking
KS

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Rick and welcome to the forum. I hope that being here can help.

Take care and keep posting,
Honey

R

rick

rick

thanks for a reply folks,it means alot to me,i am realy isolated where i live no friends,no one to talk to.im realy frightened of where my head is going,i dont feel in control at all.ive got music repeating in my head constantly repeating the same verse all day and when i wake in the night its the same.i have been taking mirtazapine for six yrs now and i dont think they work anymore,ive lost 4stone,and still got no appetite

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Rick,

Probably time for a medication review I think, can you go to your doctor and have a chat with them?

Take Care
KS

R

rick

rick

i read a members message saying they might be sectioned if they tell there docter they feel suicidal,i really dont know what to do,i was sectioned 6 yrs ago.maybe it might be better for me to be sectioned,i was alot better after being there.i dont know

sallyG

sallyG

Hi Rick and welcome to the fourm...im so sorry to hear of your struggles right now..it really sounds as though you should go and talk to your gp about how low you are feeling..they are there to support you..becasue your feeling suicidal doesnt necessarily mean you would be sectioned poppet...

R

rick

rick

thanks for your warm welcome it means so much to me at the moment.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Rick - it doesn't mean you will be sectioned - we all would be inf that was the case!!

Please take it easy and get some help - have you phoned the samaritans to talk they are good listeners.

KS

Keep posting

R

rick

rick

im going to make an appointment with the docs for tomorrow,its got to be done,im going to see if i can stay with a friend for a while agian,trouble is i wear my friends out with moaning about myself.ive stopped drinking it made things realy bad.i just want to feel numb

keepsafe

keepsafe

Drinking won't help - I think you are doing the best thing by reaching out for that help

:hug:

sallyG

sallyG

i agree with KS..drinking isnt going to help your situation..it could infact exacerbate it....im glad you have decided to make that appointment...thats the first step.dont forget we are here for you too.

R

rick

rick

thanks for your understanding i feel such a fool for the way i feel im 50 and i feel like a lost child.i miss my children so much my x has been playing games,now u see ure kids,now u dont.ive reacted and bashed my car into hers,now im not alowed to contact her or my kids for 3 months im such a fool.the last time i saw my kids they said they wanted to live with me,they miss me so much my daughter has started bed wetting shes nine in march and i wont see her for months, my sons 7 hes trying to make the peace between mum and dad.ive messed up big style and my my kids are suffering for it

sallyG

sallyG

Rick..we all do things we regret doing.,..you reacted probably in the heat of the moment....im sorry that you cant see your kids for that length of time..was this decided through the courts/solicitors. It must be very hard for you..Hopefully..with getting help from your gp ...the next time you see your children you would be in a better place emotionally for them...and for yourself.

R

rick

rick

hi i do need to get better,im in no state to see my kids realy.i recieved a letter from my x solicitor yesterday,and i had a phone call from the police last week telling me to stay away, mm.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Introduce Yourself 4
A Introduce Yourself 4
R Introduce Yourself 4
ParxSP Introduce Yourself 9
lalune96 Introduce Yourself 2