• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Returning to working in an office

M

missarhp

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the website so I apologise if this is posted in the wrong place.

I’ve been working from home now for over a year (since 24th March 2020) and we’ve just been told that everyone will be working back in the office again from the end of June onwards. And I’m really not looking forward to it. It’s a change of routine and I’ll be exposed to more germs/contand situations where I can’t have the control I would like to have.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips with dealing with OCD when working in a busy office.

Thanks in advance

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello and welcome to the forums! I don’t have anxiety or OCD but someone should be by to help you shortly. We are glad to have you here with us. xo, j

F

Felicity

I don’t deal with germs OCD so please forgive me if my suggestion sounds ridiculous but do you have maybe a room at work where you can be alone and practice meditation or other relaxation techniques when you’re feeling really anxious? Are there any calming technics you use at home you could easily practice at work?

From I gathered you used to go to the office before March 2020 so if you managed your OCD then, you’ll manage now. Be confident in yourself :) you can do it!