• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

RETROACTIVE JEALOUSY OCD CHAT [YOUR STORIES, TIPS, INFORMATIONS ETC]

A

amuraa

Hi!

Retroactive Jealousy OCD
is not a very popular topic. In fact, where im from , Ive never heard about this illnes. For those who are reading this and are not sure if this thread is for them, ill post a simple definition for RJ:

Retroactive jealousy (sometimes known as retrograde jealousy, or retrospective jealousy) simply means an unhealthy interest in your partner’s sexual and/or romantic past.
Im Julia, and im suffering from Retroactive Jealousy for 1 year. This whole time I couldn't understand what the hell happened to me - one day im just okay, enjoying my - then - new relationship and the other day im sitting in a bath crying about my boyfriend's ex girlfriend. Since then im obsessed. I think about my boyfriends ex girlfriends everyday. But there is one of them thats my biggest nightmare. There are reasons for that but my story about RJ OCD is quite long so I would love to know if youre guys interested in topic like that so we can share our stories and worries. :dance: If there is ACTIVE thread about RJ, please let me know!

F

Frangipanies79

Hi Julia,

I feel your pain, I have been there myself, but at the time I didn’t consider it to be OCD, but just ”ordinary jealousy”.

However, with time I’ve come to see that it probably was.

Now, I am currently free from THAT part of OCD - nu way out of it was a mixture of: strengthen my selfconfidence, strengthen my relationship, using Katie Byrons 4 questions from her practice The Work:
Is it true?
  1. Can you absolutely know that it’s true?
  2. How do you react when you believe that thought?
  3. Who would you be without the thought?
And also just STOP my thinking.

I now struggle with other types of OCD, but this one is gone. I am now married to the guy that I had the most severe ”retro-jealousy attacks” about, and we have two kids.

You are able to get passed this! ♥

/Mi

F

Frangipanies79

Sorry. The 4 Questions of Katie Byron came out wrong. They are:

1. Is it true?
  2. Can you absolutely know that it’s true?
  3. How do you react when you believe that thought?
  4. Who would you be without the thought?

A

amuraa

Oh my, thank you for your reply! Knowing that you can just beat this bullshit and be happy is the best information :D Ive read some stuff about how to beat this and I already started using these tips. Also im going to use yours. Lets see what will happen.
Take care of yourself and have a nice day!(y)

AppleJacks99

AppleJacks99

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi!

Retroactive Jealousy OCD
is not a very popular topic. In fact, where im from , Ive never heard about this illnes. For those who are reading this and are not sure if this thread is for them, ill post a simple definition for RJ:

Retroactive jealousy (sometimes known as retrograde jealousy, or retrospective jealousy) simply means an unhealthy interest in your partner’s sexual and/or romantic past.
Im Julia, and im suffering from Retroactive Jealousy for 1 year. This whole time I couldn't understand what the hell happened to me - one day im just okay, enjoying my - then - new relationship and the other day im sitting in a bath crying about my boyfriend's ex girlfriend. Since then im obsessed. I think about my boyfriends ex girlfriends everyday. But there is one of them thats my biggest nightmare. There are reasons for that but my story about RJ OCD is quite long so I would love to know if youre guys interested in topic like that so we can share our stories and worries. :dance: If there is ACTIVE thread about RJ, please let me know!
Wow, I have never heard of this😬

E

Eperke

Hi I suffered like this for 20 years but was finally diagnosed with OCD. The gold standard treatment for OCD is exposure response therapy (ERT) and now I can deal with it and have my life back. So you need to find an OCD therapist. This is a mental illness like any other it is that simple. Believe me the person is suffering as well as it goes against what they want to think but that is OCD.