• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Restricting

G

george81

Hello all, I'm posting to several forums tonight as I'm having a little difficulty with a few issues. I restrict my calorie intake for a sense of control I guess but over the last few weeks I've noticed a weight gain and I'm very angry at this and desperate to lose weight to get back to where I was a while ago. I had to self isolate for 10 days and have only just been able to get out so I'm hoping the lack of exercise has contributed to the weight gain, even though I was trying to do exercise at home. I am angry and feel pathetic and have SH'd tonight. In fact it is now officially my birthday but I always have issues on this day and it just brings home how pathetic and disliked I am. Sorry all for being pathetic, I know there's people out there with real issues, you don;t need me bleating on. Hugs to all x

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Weight loss sucks. I’m eating ice cream.

G

george81

Enjoy your ice cream! I'm not too much of a fan, sensitive teeth!

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Oh ok. It’s gelato. Are you feeling ok besides your teeth?

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I know stress can do a mess of things to a person including weight gain.

G

george81

Feeling a bit shite to be honest. Will go out for my night time walk in a bit I think, you good?

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

For now. Listening to some animals outside my house. I hope you had a good birthday. You’ll have a better day tomorrow. And I also went for a long yesterday. To a large cliff. I used to have harmful fantasizes about this cliff. But never got around to it. Hope your walk soothes your pains.

Last edited by a moderator:
JessisMe

JessisMe

You don’t sound pathetic. People come
here for all kinds of reasons. You don’t have to have a problem to post here and if you do post here with a problem there is no gauge to say your problem does or does not matter. Everyone’s is important. I wonder if the weight could be caused by water retention or menstruation? The only reason I ask is because it seems you haven’t done anything different. It could be that your metabolism has changed a bit because of the restriction but that’s harder to tell. I think you should be patient with yourself and take things slowly. If it’s just a few weeks it’s unlikely that you have put on too much weight in that period of time. You can work to lose it by eating modest healthy meals and exercising a little more. I know it’s hard because you are so frustrated but if you try to be patient, generous, kind and forgiving with yourself and look to the larger picture I hope that you will find that the weight gain is reversible longer term so there is no need to upset yourself over it. xo, j

G

george81

Hi and thank you so much for your kind replies. I haven't had a period for a while now and am restricting my calories but am still putting on weight, I think it might be the alcohol I'm drinking daily but I can't stop drinking and am worried about my weight gain, it makes me feel so angry in the morning when I weigh myself and my weight has gone up. I am trying to exercise the best I can but I'm so lazy and lack motivation. I feel like utter scum to be honest. I hate myself and so does everyone else. Sorry for moaning. Big hugs x

G

george81

It's really upsetting me that my weight is not under control, I don't know why it's fluctuating so much and creeping up. I feel stupid and fat. I will go out in a bit and have a walk to hopefully burn some fat off. Sorry for being so stupid and pathetic! Love to you all x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Desdemona Eating Disorders Forum 13
G Eating Disorders Forum 36