• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

restlessness

raven

raven

I was wondering if anyone else gets these symptoms.

I'm fine if I keep busy but the second I try and settle down infront of the tv or to read a book of some sort, or even surfing the web. I'll get a stress inside me that just takes over. It physically hurts me in my chest. I was put on risperidone to help with it I believe and to begin with it softened it but its now happening as bad as ever.

I think its my brain trying to work out what to do and stalling in the process but thats only a guess.

*TRIGGER*

Last week the restlessness I felt drove me to take an overdose. I just need the risk, the danger, the distraction that taking an overdose gave me. My therapist was shocked and I don't think he understood.

I worry that it will drive me to do the same again. Its just all so tempting.

All I want is to be able to settle down a relax sometimes.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Could it be the meds actually causing it now?

*hugs*

raven

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Sounds like severe anxiety to me. I get that too. I've got to be either constantly on the go or lying in bed because if I try anything in between the anxiety kills me!! My doctor put me on Chlorpromazine and its helped quite a lot with the anxiety and I've had no really bad side effects. Unfortunately its not done anything for the depression but you can't win them all!! I think I was really restless when I was on risperidone so it could be a factor in it.

L

Lady Summer Isles

Know what you mean Unlucky, there seems to be no half way house. I'm in the lying in bed stage at the moment:sleep:, not sure how long this phase will last but will then go into hyper cleaning rushing round mode.:woohoo:
Hugs

Tannith

raven

raven

Thanks Unlucky. I've had a look at Chlorpromazine and it does sound like a really good choice. I'll ask my Pdoc to put me on it, no harm in asking!

raven

BSloan1960

BSloan1960

If it is simple anxiety consider asking for Buspar. Its kinda old-school and is specifically for anxiety. Depending on the dose there shouldn't be any trouble with sleepiness.

Bill

raven

raven

If it is simple anxiety consider asking for Buspar. Its kinda old-school and is specifically for anxiety. Depending on the dose there shouldn't be any trouble with sleepiness.

Bill
Thank you Bill I'm just now looking Buspar up on the internet.

*greatful hugs*

raven

getting better

getting better

I'm on Chlorpromazine and find it quite helpful with anxiety during the day. As a sleeping aid it's also really good. I'm also taking Abilify and find that this makes me very restless at the same time.

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

at low doses chlorpromazine is used for anxiety instead of benzos, i was on respirdone for anxiety and it did nothing to help except make me lactate alot. Im on chlorpromazine (prn) for anxiety and aggitation i get from the voices.

raven

raven

at low doses chlorpromazine is used for anxiety instead of benzos, i was on respirdone for anxiety and it did nothing to help except make me lactate alot. Im on chlorpromazine (prn) for anxiety and aggitation i get from the voices.
Thanks NeoDelta

I really will try and get some cholopromazine it sounds good as does the Buspar. Although I think the Buspar is only for short term anxiety problems. The risperidone makes me lactate too, YUK.

Feel so restless today. I also had the gas repair man just come which put me all on edge which didn't help. I'm trying to prepare for teaching the piano but I just can't find much motivation. Instead I sit and get more and more wound up. Shopping used to be a distaction but now-a-days its not.

The thought of taking an overdose keeps flickering into my mind.

I hate my life when in truth I should love it. :( I have nothing to complain about. Its just never ending anxiety/restlessness.

Sigh

raven

raven

raven

*screams*

*screams*

I want some peace, just a little bit of peace.

Help me someone, please. I can't handle this any more.

Tried taking kalms and its not even touched it.

Its 1.5 weeks till I can see a pdoc and perhaps get prescribed something that will help.

*further screams of anguish*

raven

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

Can you go to your GP and ask them to prescribe you some chlorpromazine?

Kalms are good, but they are for mild anxiety/restlessness.

raven

raven

Can you go to your GP and ask them to prescribe you some chlorpromazine?

Kalms are good, but they are for mild anxiety/restlessness.
Do you think a GP would perscribe it?

raven

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

Yes, GP's can prescribe it to you. Just tell him/her how your feeling, that you have tried Kalms and they arent helping you, maybe tell them you were recommended chlopromazine, and want to try it because its not addictive as benzodiazipans.

He/She should be able to prescribe it to you, maybe as a short term measure until you see your psychiatrist.

raven

raven

Yes, GP's can prescribe it to you. Just tell him/her how your feeling, that you have tried Kalms and they arent helping you, maybe tell them you were recommended chlopromazine, and want to try it because its not addictive as benzodiazipans.

He/She should be able to prescribe it to you, maybe as a short term measure until you see your psychiatrist.
Thank you, ok I will try and see how I do. I had a very small stock of diazapam and so have taken 2mg of it. I just hope it helps, even a little bit.

*appricative hugs*

raven

raven

raven

Thank the maker of diazapam

The diazapam did help, which was great, pity its so hard to get any more. I will ask for some more when I get to see my GP. I booked an appointment for Thursday.

Feeling very restless today.

raven