• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Response to medication/ personality/ feeling “mixed”

• Thread starter butterflykisses
  • Start date
B

butterflykisses

I don’t have the official diagnosis yet. I won’t know till they see how I respond to medication and rule out other possible diagnoses. I started some Seroquel and Lamictal. It makes me so tired and so I’m actually sleeping enough.

I don’t know how I feel right now. It’s like I’m depressed but also have some manic symptoms as well. It could potentially be a mixed episode. The medication will take longer to begin to start working for my mood. But all of this confusion and instability doesn’t even make sense and I’m beginning to question if this is even real? I am doubting if this is even real.
Also, does anyone know when the fatigue will go away? I just want to have more energy. It’s almost like I feel somewhat manic and want to do anything but I have no energy to stay up all night and execute on those plans. Then I’m starting to wonder if that is just part of my personality and not so much mania. I’m generally a passionate person and I get excited about goals and things I want to do. But how do I know if it’s beyond just my personality?

Bipolarbear808

Bipolarbear808

Hi butterflykisses,

I'm sorry that you're going through this, I can relate to being pulled in multiple directions at the same time. It's really hard to tell what is what, especially when you're start multiple medications at the same time. I know its really hard to be patient when you're going through this, but give yourself some time to stabilize a little before trying to figure things out.

In my experience Seroquel is definitely sedating and would explain why you feel so groggy. For me, the grogginess throughout the day started to go away after a few weeks. As far as Lamictal goes, Its been 7 weeks since I started it and so far I'm not noticing any huge difference. Hope that helps!

Prettyroses99

Prettyroses99

I'm bipolar and I've struggled since I was a child. Being at home during the quarantine has greatly helped reduce the severity of my manic episodes. I'm also unemployed so I don't have to worry about other people right now.

I was on 300mg of Lamictal before completing phasing it out 6 weeks ago. I'm starting vraylar tomorrow after 3 years of Lamictal which I did not feel any better or worse. It takes around 4 to 6 weeks for Lamictal to fully take effect so be patient.

Is your condition part of who you are? Yes, absolutely. I know several bipolar people and many stop the meds and learn to live with it. There's no right or wrong choice. Just whatever makes you feel better is all that matters.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
deadchick07 passive aggressive response is the way to go Bipolar Forum 10
F Don’t manufacture my meaning: a response to Darian Leader Bipolar Forum 8
jamie1973 Response Bipolar Forum 10
P No response?! Bipolar Forum 15
H Response (of sorts) to my letter. What to do? Bipolar Forum 5
C Supplement / Herb / Medication sensitivity... Bipolar Forum 16
sirk Anyone here not on any medication? Bipolar Forum 50
C Medication advice Bipolar Forum 34
Tawny Are you taking enough medication? Bipolar Forum 26
C Medication suggestions UK Bipolar Forum 12
I Mood Stabilizer Medication Concern Bipolar Forum 5
H Medication query Bipolar Forum 7
dubblemonkey bipolar medication is extremely sensitive Bipolar Forum 2
T Question for people who take medication: Do you feel "normal" Bipolar Forum 2
D Self medication Bipolar Forum 6
A Nausea from medication Bipolar Forum 5
K I am just exhausted with the medication changes Bipolar Forum 12
h_put2021 Medication & Mood, etc. Bipolar Forum 9
HLon99 Mania coming back Medication adjustment through GP? Bipolar Forum 4
Allthecats New medication, would like some support Bipolar Forum 2
D alcohol or medication? Bipolar Forum 1
W Help ... Doc wants to change my medication from Seroquel to Rexulti Bipolar Forum 3
J Lithium and other medication male fertility Bipolar Forum 1
HLon99 Requesting medication changes in between psych appointments Bipolar Forum 6
C Medication Bipolar Forum 3
H What if I don't have mood disorder but still doctor is giving me medication for it? Bipolar Forum 2
I New Medication Bipolar Forum 3
T quit medication Bipolar Forum 4
C Medication Bipolar Forum 3
J Bipolar and medication and psychiatrist Bipolar Forum 1
A Diagnosis & Medication Changes Bipolar Forum 1
M So going back to my old medication wish me luck Bipolar Forum 2
A I’ve stopped taking my bipolar medication Bipolar Forum 12
T Getting back on medication Bipolar Forum 1
Livingdeadgirl Medication advice needed - doctors appointment tomorrow Bipolar Forum 3
S new here / trying to choose between medication vs just letting it ride Bipolar Forum 4
T Medication and seasons Bipolar Forum 3
spoon-racoon medication change Bipolar Forum 2
spoon-racoon bipolar disorder: medication or no? Bipolar Forum 5
B a maybe new medication Bipolar Forum 1
M Diagnosis and medication woes - should I seek second opinion? Bipolar Forum 5
N Obsessions regarding medication related weight gain Bipolar Forum 5
H Medication for cyclothymia/bi-polar Bipolar Forum 7
A Forced To Take Medication Through Dissolvable Tablets Irreversible Brain Damage Bipolar Forum 5
A Took Old Medication Bipolar Forum 7
E What is your experience and opinion about mixed medication? Bipolar Forum 3
C Medication confusion Bipolar Forum 3
M Question about Bipolar Mania and Antidepressant Medication Bipolar Forum 1
D Any medication similar to St. John's Wort? Bipolar Forum 1
cpuusage Medication-free Alternatives for Long-term Maintenance of Bipolar Disorder: A Case Series Bipolar Forum 27