• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Respiridone/ resperadal

T

TOONAFISH

does anyone take this? i was given it at my last admission. 2mg a day. then got it reduced to 1mg per day.

as ive been having troubel sleeping lately and felt a bit high last weekend they added it back in. i only took it a few days (the extra one) as it made me sleepy in the day.

if i take it will it stop a hypomanic episode coming on. or will it jsut lessen it?

thanks for any help

megirl

megirl

I was put on 1mg twice a day it really helped with my hypomania gave me a sense of 'calm' eg settled the racing thoughts and instantly stopped my shakes it was well worth it at the time. However, I didnt get any sedation out of it at all and still needed to take something else to make me sleep

S

skyblue

if i take it will it stop a hypomanic episode coming on. or will it jsut lessen it?
You're taking a mood stabiliser aren't you Toona, if I can remember rightly ? All these medications in combination will help with your hypomania. Risperidone is an anti-psychotic and should help ease unwanted thoughts etc.

Can't quite explain properly, my minds racing at the mo. :unsure:

S

Sandy

Yeah I take resperidone too and I'm on 4mg at Night. I get drowsy in the first 2 or 3 hours in the morning. Then later on I feel better but still kind of tired. It seems like you are showing signs of hypomania. When I was hypomanic along with the resperidone I took extra sleeping tablets. So you could go on a slightly higher dose of resperidone or take sleeping pills. Ask you doctor. But you must get your sleep or risk going manic! Hope this helps...