Resperidal

B

batzfingerz

Years back, I was put on Resperidal, first pills and then by injection. I became very sick, with a type of cancer called, polycethemia. It is an illness which causes the blood to thicken and clot. I suffered a clot in my brain and this is called, a stroke. Smoking cigarettes and drinking booze was blamed. I remained on resperidal. My blood didn't get better at all when I smoked less or drank nothing, but water, so I stopped the resperidal, despite the dr's urging that this is a mistake.

I recovered 100% from the polycethemia, the stroke, not so much, I still have speech problems.

Watch yourself, boppers, some of these drugs, which they tell us are safe because of the FDA, aren't. Or, not as safe, as they claim and if i had listened to the dr's, I would be dead now.

Kerome

Kerome

Risperdal was awful for brain fog and weight gain for me, most of the weight I gained after my psychosis came during the period I took Risperdal. About the only good thing about it was that it made me sleepy, I had very few problems with insomnia on this med. Luckily I'm now on a different medication. They do give me regular blood screenings, but that's here in the Netherlands, not in the U.K.

Last edited:
B

batzfingerz

Once it was obvious (at least to me) that resperidal was causing my health problems, the shrink insisted I go back to resperidal for my mental health. What a joke... I was threatened with a section if I didn't. Ew.

Mark_01

Mark_01

Forum Guide
Been on it for a couple of years, haven't had a problem.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I took Risperdal for over ten years without any problems except for weight gain and when my doctor reduced my dose by half to see if a smaller dose worked just as well I had a relapse. I slept much better on the Risperdal than I do now on Geodon which I was switched to because it is supposedly weight neutral. I sleep SO BAD on the Geodon, I constantly think about asking to be put back on Risperdal, even with the weight gain.

R

realitycomplication

I cannot function using the medicine. I take 4 Milligram at night. I am sleepy most of the next morning into the afternoon. I took a dissolving version of the medicine and I had no side effects but I took 2 milligram separate. 1 at night and 1 in the morning. Should I go back to what they gave me out the hospital or should I try a new medicine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kerome

Kerome

It's always best to take the lowest dose of a medication that you can, while it still works for your problem. I used to take 2 mg and that was enough for me.

E

Eli1980

I'm on 6mg. Find myself feeling sleepy most of the time. Gained about half a stone in weight. Apart from that no real problems!