• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

reseting after a 6 year trip

W

wannabegooroo

I am new to posting in the forums, but I did a lot of research in the past in mental health forums. During my reset, I decided that I would be more altruistic and offer my insight to those who want it, as a tribute to shared information on the internet. Labels and scientific jargon aside, I found it's best to accept you may have mixed feelings/thoughts about yourself in regards to the various terms giving to you. I am not a doctor or psychologist, I am a survivor like we are all.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Yep - I definitely agree that it's good to accept that sometimes the labels you are given do bring up mixed feelings.
Sounds like you've been on quite a journey and learned a lot.
Hopefully, will see you posting more here. :)

W

wannabegooroo

I will thanks, I don't wish to be harassed by other wannabe know it all's however lol, a lot of the regular chatters have a sense of entitlement

W

wannabegooroo

and tell your seniors or management, if they wanna chat not be like little spies, if I sense any of this, I will stomp my foot

calypso

calypso

Admin
Sorry? what do you mean?

W

wannabegooroo

means they like to collect personal info from newer people, to gain an even more sense of control or power, whilst providing little info about themselves, one hit me up almost as soon as I did my first post

W

wannabegooroo

and they often like making you excessively explain or justify your claims/opinions

T

Topcat

means they like to collect personal info from newer people, to gain an even more sense of control or power, whilst providing little info about themselves, one hit me up almost as soon as I did my first post]
I'm sorry, could you please explain yourself? Excessively if possible?
:rofl2:

StillFighting

StillFighting

means they like to collect personal info from newer people, to gain an even more sense of control or power, whilst providing little info about themselves, one hit me up almost as soon as I did my first post
Hi wannabegooroo, I wanted to give my thoughts on what you've written here. When I see someone's post, struggling, and asking for help, I often do ask them questions. This is not to gain control or power, but in order to gain a better understanding on their issues, the situations in their lives, possible reasons for their feelings. It's a way to make conversation, and get to know them better, providing possibly better support. I find that often to be more helpful than throwing advice at them, without fully understanding what they're going through.

I will provide info about myself if I find it relevant to the person's problems or possibly useful, or if the person asks. Otherwise I don't see any point in throwing my problems or other irrelevant issues of mine on another person's thread; I can do that in my own threads, when I post about my issues.

Of course there's always the possibility that someone may not feel comfortable answering a certain question. I have felt this way sometimes myself, either because I'm not ready or because I don't want to. I think everyone has. And it's perfectly ok to say so, you're not obligated to answer anything, and you can make conversation on things you do feel comfortable discussing.

calypso

calypso

Admin
If you knew the staff better on here, you would discover we talk about ourselves and nothing is hidden. We have no inclination or energy to collect any information on anyone. All the staff have mental health issues too and are volunteers to keep the forum running smoothly.

I think maybe get to know us a little better and you would feel less worried about staff here.

W

wannabegooroo

I am not your enemy, your replies seem like you are on trial, if you suspect you're becoming too dependent, for your own emotional well being to help people crisis on here,seek advice from a professional....I repeat I am not your enemy, I am here to offer my personal opinions also.

W

wannabegooroo

calypso, what I have seen so far, hasn't been too impressive, it's a bunch of wannabe therapists getting their stimulation playing doctor

W

wannabegooroo

you were the one who got my back up initially, you didn't put much effort in, you just wanted the personal details, refer to the intial exchange of words..