• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

research - can you help me?

D

dema

Hi,

My name is Donna and for my final year Sociology research project at the University of Sussex, UK, I’m conducting a piece of research looking at the effects using online mental health self-help forums, like this one, have on people’s ‘real-life social experience’ i.e interaction with friends, family and professional.

I was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to complete a questionnaire for me. This will all be done online, and there is no need for you to disclose your identitiy if you would prefer not to. The questionnaire involves completing some ‘tick-box questions’ and some open answer ones. It shouldn’t take more than 15-20 minutes of your time.

If you are willing to participate, or if you would like more information, please contact me – you can either send me a p-mail or e-mails me at: [email protected].

Many thanks, I hope to hear from you soon

Best wishes, Donna

(my ‘username’ is dema)

D

Dollit

Can I just reassure forum members that Donna is a genuine researcher and she has the permission of the moderators to make this request.

D

dema

Can I just say a huge thank-you to those of you have already participated.

I also wanted to make clear, as a couple of people have asked me - the findings of this study will be made available to you - they will be posted by the end of May.