• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Rescue me

P

Polar Bear

I need rescuing. Helplessness.

I can't find information on this. Can anyone explain it to me.

I come from a broken home of two broken people.

I look to the GP and psychiatrist and co to rescue me. Embarrassingly. They don't know! Would never tell.

Any ideas? Anyone else feel this way?

Thanks
Kelly

P

Polar Bear

All I can find on the net is stuff relating to borderline personality and that doesn't relate. It's different to that pushing and pulling thing.

Maybe I just want love, care and understanding? I've had that growing up but the last few years have been difficult and I'm feeling in need of help with that.

I wish I could understand this.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i think it's natural to look for someone/people to rescue us, but i don't think things work like that - primarily i think we need to sort things out ourselves - although appropriate support & understanding does help.

P

Polar Bear

i think it's natural to look for someone/people to rescue us, but i don't think things work like that - primarily i think we need to sort things out ourselves - although appropriate support & understanding does help.
I agree.

P

Polar Bear

Can you ever get over having been depressed? The suicidal thoughts and attempts. The racing negative thoughts. The ambulances. The police cars. The psychiatrists. The blood tests. Assessments. How do you move on.

I need rescuing from that. I needed rescuing before though. That's why I fell so deep into the pit of despair.

Drinking wine, listening to London Grammar Strong and tears dripping onto my desk.

What to do with myself?

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Can you ever get over having been depressed? The suicidal thoughts and attempts. The racing negative thoughts. The ambulances. The police cars. The psychiatrists. The blood tests. Assessments. How do you move on.

I need rescuing from that. I needed rescuing before though. That's why I fell so deep into the pit of despair.

Drinking wine, listening to London Grammar Strong and tears dripping onto my desk.

What to do with myself?
i do feel it is potentially possible to move on from it all, make progress & more fully resolve things. People can & do. They are no guarantees & i think it takes a lot of work.

i have a lot of crazy stuff in my own history, crime, addiction, severe mental illness, sections, arrests, suicide attempt, etc. i'm 13 years sober (despite a few very occasional slips) - 15 years since last in psychiatric hospital, fully discharged from services for over 2 years, 10 years of relative stability. i do feel i've made a lot of progress & come a long way - from who/where i was. Life isn't without it's difficulties still, but things are not as dire as they were.

Maybe seek out some more positive, uplifting & supportive views & people. i used to listen to Madness Radio a lot - Shows Archive | Madness Radio

That has a lot of more uplifting & hopeful narratives.

i suppose try & take a little bit at a time to deal with, & look at what kinds of things can be done to change things.

P

Polar Bear

i do feel it is potentially possible to move on from it all, make progress & more fully resolve things. People can & do. They are no guarantees & i think it takes a lot of work.

i have a lot of crazy stuff in my own history, crime, addiction, severe mental illness, sections, arrests, suicide attempt, etc. i'm 13 years sober (despite a few very occasional slips) - 15 years since last in psychiatric hospital, fully discharged from services for over 2 years, 10 years of relative stability. i do feel i've made a lot of progress & come a long way - from who/where i was. Life isn't without it's difficulties still, but things are not as dire as they were.

Maybe seek out some more positive, uplifting & supportive views & people. i used to listen to Madness Radio a lot - Shows Archive | Madness Radio

That has a lot of more uplifting & hopeful narratives.

i suppose try & take a little bit at a time to deal with, & look at what kinds of things can be done to change things.
You understand
Will make more positive experiences.

D

Deliah

Everything always changes! We can all grow through these experiences. You have all the wisdom you need within you. You are the worlds best expert on you and what lies within you can't be given by another you already have it. Start with smiling. Look to the positives. love to you D xxxxx