• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Requests for Social Distancing to be Abolished in June -should be earlier than that!

carlita

carlita

Hi Folks/Hi All,

It has been big headline reported, for in England, that social distancing just might be able to be scrapped in June, a few days ahead of my Birthday in fact.. i am trusting the PM, on this one.

I do very much wish to resume volunteering and in my organisation, the managerial, are still just rying to figure out how to keep volunteers and staffing safe. This has been taking time, apparently.

I am also very much looking forward say, from July time, when, I might be able to head back into fitness class working out, in independant run halls, or fitness dance studios.

Have a good week all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.
Their cases fell?

I wasn't affected by social distancing in the states since in my area there isn't many people on foot to really pay much attention unless they are up on us. People who know each other usually hang out in groups or people people maybe three or four together with masks. I think social distancing would be advised if they consider it not necessary. I'm sure businesses will still implement the rule. As long as you know the people, like family and friends and all, and just keep safe sanitize and so forth, I think you'd be fine (over generalizing). It really highly depends on your situation and location. If it's appropriate, I see no issues with it.

Jam1990

Jam1990

NO. IT ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT BE SOONER.

Over 2,000 new cases were reported for Saturday.

There are also 3 new variants.

Blown out of proportion??
What solid information do you have to support that.

Millions of people have died.

Thousands left with permanent weaknesses from it.

Annoyed at the government- YES
They reacted far too SLOWLY and INCOMPETENTLY

Relaxing rules last summer caused a massive spike.
Likewise with Christmas.
The virus does not take a holiday.

Our neighbours twin brother died.
2 of my husband’s nieces contracted it.
1 in England, who worked in a hospital
1 in Wales
Our Godson was in contact with someone at work who ignored
the advice.
Because of someone’s selfishness, He had to isolate and his
8 month pregnant wife had to move out.

My husband and I have been in lockdown for 2 birthdays each.
It doesn’t matter.

There are far more important things than
Volunteering and
Exercise classes.

LIFE.
Couldn’t agree more.

one light

one light

It's crazy time.
My mum passed last year because on top of a lung condition she caught pneumonia which many people catch in hospital and can endanger lives.

Why are some lives considered more important than others. Its bonkers.

I been waiting for 5 months after referral to sleep clinic.

My dad us awaiting an endoscopy and my girlfriend is waiting long time as has need for op re fibroid in the womb..

The world has gone mad with covid, encouraging massive fear.

BUT the other effects on the economy, so many other treatments massively delayed and to get a prompt gp appointment, you need be quite severely suffering, otherwise its a few weeks wait and then you only getting a phone appointment.

But the media simply focuses on covid.

In areas of the UK where 25 million live, in last month there has been ZERO fatalities, yet what about everyone else suffering other conditions, suffering mentally and also economically.

Social distancing, its not something I think about as that constricting. Inside we all wearing masks or visors.

I work in shop wearing visor with screens round till.

The supermarkets been packed throughout.

2020 2021 been the strangest and most bizarre time ever.

I personally had quite lot heart ache due to other people suffering NOT from COVID.

The media should hang their heads in shame in creating mass hysteria.

There truly needs be balance now.

People are suffering much more now for other reasons than COVID and the average age people dying from COVID is 82 same as national average.

It's time NHS, Government focused elsewhere now.

Otherwise be so many more problems in other situations, Health conditions etc

I can sadly personally testify to that...

Well written, powerful stuff - news fearmongering, creating fear in peoples minds... Some youngsters in their 3o's footballers for example didn't even know they'd had it and shood it off - its the fear lowers immune systems -- and as you say about health issues - in our local collage all kids masked up, what problems there in the future - I have a visor, but we forgot them the other day so had to wear a mask to do the shopping, me and my wife couldn't breath in them - all the poor air coming into the system, could create massive health problems as they get older...

N

natalie

Hi one light,

This is what my brother and I feel, and also brother gets easily distressed through work, senarios, and he kindly organised a non face mask wear badge to highlight that I am exempt, because I have immune, cattarh conditons, when chronic, and they create the masks this is, more problems, potentially, and also owing to, that I have communique difficulties in the main.

I'm glad you have a visor, I was going to suggest, maybe research via a organisation which helps asmathetics sufferers, or go to a transport for on line, I realise that you are up North, and they may have details how you can apply for a exemption non face mask wear badge.

Best regards.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

Couldn’t agree more.
Completely agree. We're all sick to death of this pandemic and the Social Distancing rules and facemasks, but it is what it is. I was reading about the Black Death-bubonic plague that came to Europe in the 1300's. Those people REALLY had it difficult, but one thing that struck me is they were doing all the things we're doing today-wearing facemasks, social distancing and avoiding each other, trying to stay at home as much as possible. Work suffered, mental health suffered, people lost Faith-DEJA VU!

We just have to hunker down until were past the worst of it. Half my state has been vaccinated to date, over 4 million people. New cases are starting to come down, but we need to get the other half of the state serious about this pandemic. In my view 80-90% of people should be getting the vaccination with only folks with rare medical conditions being excused. If we get there we can be past this pandemic by the end of summer.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

NO. IT ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT BE SOONER.

Over 2,000 new cases were reported for Saturday.

There are also 3 new variants.

Blown out of proportion??
What solid information do you have to support that.

Millions of people have died.

Thousands left with permanent weaknesses from it.

Annoyed at the government- YES
They reacted far too SLOWLY and INCOMPETENTLY

Relaxing rules last summer caused a massive spike.
Likewise with Christmas.
The virus does not take a holiday.

Our neighbours twin brother died.
2 of my husband’s nieces contracted it.
1 in England, who worked in a hospital
1 in Wales
Our Godson was in contact with someone at work who ignored
the advice.
Because of someone’s selfishness, He had to isolate and his
8 month pregnant wife had to move out.

My husband and I have been in lockdown for 2 birthdays each.
It doesn’t matter.

There are far more important things than
Volunteering and
Exercise classes.

LIFE.
Absolutely.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

Although, very unexpected and very unfortunately, i have had problems at home, indirectly, it's my very unwell father, I wanted to offer my large amounts of thanks, very much to those who have popped posts onto this th read, and for their support, some might be negative, some might be posiviive, i can see that on the negative fr onts.

Thanks all very much for partiicpating, very much appreciated.

Unless, moderating teams think there is a problem, which I can't forsee anything as such, I am happy to let this thread and run, and as they say, more the merrier.

Have a good week all,

Best regards all,

Natalie,

London, England UK.

T

turnitoffandonagain_again

Completely agree. We're all sick to death of this pandemic and the Social Distancing rules and facemasks, but it is what it is. I was reading about the Black Death-bubonic plague that came to Europe in the 1300's. Those people REALLY had it difficult, but one thing that struck me is they were doing all the things we're doing today-wearing facemasks, social distancing and avoiding each other, trying to stay at home as much as possible. Work suffered, mental health suffered, people lost Faith-DEJA VU!
One of the ways of addressing the problem back then was self-flagellation. Parades of flagellants walking the streets while scourging themselves to appease an angry God.

I think I prefer the face-masks and vaccines, on balance.

(Of course, for all I know that might be SAGE's next recommendation)

P

Pollypop

Hi Folks/Hi All,

Although, very unexpected and very unfortunately, i have had problems at home, indirectly, it's my very unwell father, I wanted to offer my large amounts of thanks, very much to those who have popped posts onto this th read, and for their support, some might be negative, some might be posiviive, i can see that on the negative fr onts.

Thanks all very much for partiicpating, very much appreciated.

Unless, moderating teams think there is a problem, which I can't forsee anything as such, I am happy to let this thread and run, and as they say, more the merrier.

Have a good week all,

Best regards all,

Natalie,

London, England UK.
Natalie, I can’t see anything in this thread about your father being unwell
or people sending messages of support.

Is he affected by Covid 19?

N

natalie

Hi Pollypop,

No no, myf ather is unwell, however, it isn't covid 19 related, certainly not.

I do however, have a thread in the People section, relating to my father. For over the past couple of months, since my fa ther has been unwell, my head hasn't been in the right places.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

P

Pollypop

Hi Natalie,
I’m sorry that I misunderstood you post.

I hope you father gets well soon.

I know only too well the anxiety and stress caused by having
to look after an unwell parent.

Take care,
Pollypop x