• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Requesting medication? Bupropion (Wellbutrin?)?

W

Wölf_

Ok first a bit of background.

I originally went to my doctors based on the advice of a couple of people I was working with out of concern I might have BPD/EUPD or some form of Rapid Cycling Bipolar (my psychiatrist has pseudo-diagnosed me with EUPD since then), I was put on citalopram early September-ish in an attempt to control my mood swings/anger/depressive outbursts at work, after 2 weeks with no change my doc upped my doseage to 40mg, and after another 2 weeks she upped them again to 60, after no chance on 60 she tapered me off and I went onto fluoxetine in the same pattern, except I stayed on 60mg from end of october-ish until I quit them because they were doing nothing for me and the insomnia was too bad, she then put me on 50mg Sertraline ~Jan 7th, after a couple of days drowsiness and it taking longer to ejaculate than normal (those symptoms have gone away) I'm now having no side effects, possitive or negative.

I'm wondering how likely it is if i requested to be put on bupropion I'd be changed to it, while I'm not more convinced it would help me any more than any of the other pills I've been on, I've read that it helps with weight loss, which would help increase my general mood. I think it's unlikely that she would put me on TCA's or MAOI's due to the fact when I overdosed I took the rest of my citalopram along with the painkillers and I've read that despite TCA's/MAOI's are better for treating my symptoms theyre easier to commit suicide with? Does anyone have any experiance requesting specific medications? Or any experiance of Bupropion and weightloss/side effects?

I should point out I do gym 4-5 days a week for 2-3 hours a day and have noticed no real loss of fat, im not just looking to change pills and shed a bit of weight, but I feel it could be my pills that have caused me too gain fat whilst keeping a fairly good diet and exercise reigime.

F

findingmyownway

I'm sure if you ask for it they'll give it to you, that's the way mental health often works. You rarely hear of people being refused drugs. I would check with any drug prescribed that the person prescribing this drug has evidence that it will help you. A lot of the time drugs are prescribed on no evidence, some people, most people probably, don't seem to mind this. I think anti depressants make most people more mentaly ill personally.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
lyma starting effects of medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
maaraazdrem Medication advice Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 11
G I am going to stop taking my medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 12
historygirl21 possible addition of new medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
G Needle Pricking sensations all over body ?? Medication ?? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
lifecangetbetter medication for anger? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
R Medication works less due to Allergies Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
K Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
T I am going to be discharged from cmht to gp, am i allowed to come off the anti psychotic medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Dav How do you stop your medication dosage being increased Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
C Medication suggestions Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
C Please help me select a medication. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
Girlrobin Problem of having no say in medication choice Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 13
lifecangetbetter Medication for anger Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 15
A Scared to increase medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
S Coming off medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
needthecaffeine Every medication seems to quit working for me Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
A Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
H Stoping antipsychotic medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
K Not liking medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
B How dangerous are psychiatric medication when overdosed or combined by yourself Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
M Does no side effects mean medication isn’t working? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
Chongo Sleep Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
v01ce5 Taking Control of Medication: Joanna Moncrieff and the “The Myth of the Chemical Cure” Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
B Medication suggestions Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Jam1990 Nervous to start new medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Linda1989 I just cant lose weight on medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 26
N GP General Review Appointment - Medication - one aspect Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
A Trouble swallowing caused by my medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
K In need of medication, but I have a complicated living situation Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
P Has anyone had emotional blunting from medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
N Over the Top amounts of Music Tracks in head, without Headphones on/Medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
M I’m coming off medication full stop. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
Bigquestion Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
H Anti Anxiety Medication Advice please! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
toenaeuk Medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
Anime-Alchemy What time do you take your medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 16
Linda1989 On a diet while on medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
N Resumed Pregabalin Medication - twice daily Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
Zig Zag Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
TalkingToGhosts Unsure about medication my doctor prescribed Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
I Forgetting To Take Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
N Medication Plan for and in ahead and from start of holiday/vacation - soon Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
W Roaccutane/Accutane/Isotrentinoin - Has anyone else had experience with this medication? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
6 Can anyone know effective medication for thought broadcasting? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 9
L Change of medication . Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Azelka Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
S Medication Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 0
N Brexit - Medication Senario Possible Crisis Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 15
N September holiday - cruise - medication - time of day to take dose Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3